Am i allergic???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyjane

Reaction score
I always do my own nails and the last few times ive done them they looked good but 2 of my fingers started to really itch and after a few days of scratching like mad they came up in little lumps that stood out and itched

Am i allergic to the liquid & powder???? :-(

xx

It's probable that you're sensitive/allergic to an ingredient in it, however, it could also be an ingredient in your cuticle remover, nail dehydrator or something else you use.

The best thing to do is to have allergy tests done.

I always do my own nails and the last few times ive done them they looked good but 2 of my fingers started to really itch and after a few days of scratching like mad they came up in little lumps that stood out and itched

Am i allergic to the liquid & powder???? :-(

xx
Quite possibly you are product sensitive to something you are using on your nails. May not necessarily be liquid and powder, however I became sensitive to gel so I switched to L&P very briefly and my reaction was so violent that I had to remove the enhancements.

When I do nails now I wear nitrile gloves and I can't wear enhancements my self due to product overexposure.

If you are suffering product sensitivity, the be careful not to expose yourself further to the cause as the reaction is likely to only get worse each time.

P.S. Could you change your font please hun. It's teeny weeny and difficu lt to read :hug:.

i think i know what is causing my reaction. i used the nuture oil when the nails were finished and massaged the oil into my nail and cuticle. and where it itches where the rash is now. i thought to myself it has to be the oil because the oil is the only product that touches up to my first knuckle, theres no way my acrylic product gets this far up my skin.

xx

i think i know what is causing my reaction. i used the nuture oil when the nails were finished and massaged the oil into my nail and cuticle. and where it itches where the rash is now. i thought to myself it has to be the oil because the oil is the only product that touches up to my first knuckle, theres no way my acrylic product gets this far up my skin.

xx
I understand what you are trying to say sammyjane, but I still think you need to consider that it may well be the L&P causing the problem. The reason I say this is that i started getting product sensititvity just from having enhancements applied to me and there was definitely no way the product was being applied half way up my fingers. Having it applied to my nail plate was enough to make my entire fingers and hands flare up!

I don't have a problem with cured gel, only uncured. When somebody applied L&P to me, I had my worst reaction. This is probably because L&P does not cure immediately so it continues to irritate the skin.

If you want to rule out the nurture oil, then apply a little to you toes (assuming you don't wear enhancements on your toes). If you have no reaction, then I think you can safely reason that the problem is not down to the nuture oil. HTH.

i hope it is not the l&p because i love my nails :-(
the intchyness and rash is on my middle and ring finger on my left hand and also on my middle finger on my right hand.
its so irritating i was up all nigt lastnoite scratching

I can still do nails hun, I just have to wear nitrile gloves when doing them. Actually I double glove. I work with gel though and not L&P. I have heard that the monomer with L&P can penetrate even the nitrile gloves.

Latest posts

Back