Am I being unreasonable?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerise

Reaction score
i had a clients who i done shellac with rockstar tips and gems on each nail and a week later she text me saying some of her gems have come off, so i replied saying if you come round tomorrow i will replace the missing gems. she said she had a wedding to go to and doesnt want them replacing, then tonight (3 weeks on) she text me asking if she could have her money back!!!

i am going to text back saying i can not refund you as i offered to replace the gems. am i being unreasonable? and how would you deal with these sort of complaints? should i just refund her?

The gems lasted a week? For me it would last about a day! I would reply saying gems don't last that long and you offered to fix them but she declined so you are unable to refund her money.

Last edited:
I would think about what to say and ring her,this way it doesn't give her time to consult with anyone on what to reply with.you know she doesn't like face to face confrontation if she doesn't answer her phone and I'm sure if she has a missed call she won't text you again xx

Does she mean the money back for the gems or the money back for the nails?

Either way it's a no.

How rich would some nail techs be if they had a pound for all those clients who had a wedding/event to go to, and then bad things happened to their nails before the wedding/event, but they decided not to tell the tech until after the wedding/event.

It's very irritating to read about it never mind be the tech it happened to.

If it was genuine she would have called you immediately and come for the replacement asap.

It it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck ... it's a duck!!

Jacqui xx

Thank you for all your replies, she wants a refund for the whole set! I hate confritation but I'm defenatly standing my groud! It's my 1st proper complaint so I just needed abit of reassurance :) thank you xx

Wow! The cheek of some people.I would say to her that you offered to replace the gems and you can't refund the price for a whole set.
You will get these kind of people once in a while but 3 weeks later is taking the mick.
I know you say you don't like confrontation but as another poster said,ring her knowing what you are going to say beforehand.
.let us know how you get on :)

She has a cheek.

You did your bit when you offered to replace the gems, she declined. It ended there.

I take the stand on all services is that they cant return the time and skill you put into a service, thus in my opinion services are nonreturnable. As are used products.
I've only been asked to refund one time in 18 years, and that lay was a fruitcake to start with. I knew better than to offer her service to start with however, that was back when i thought i it was my job to believe the customer was always right even if they were hugely wrong. Those days are gone forever! :)

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all! You offered to replace the gems which was the problem in the 1st place and she said she didn't want you to so she can hardly expect a full refund 3weeks later!! Just stand you're ground youve done nothing wrong :):)! xxx

Do you know, the more I read about the cheek of some people and their requests for refunds, the more I think that it's the society we live in today and the culture of refunds.

When I was growing up, you would have to have something seriously wrong with something to get a refund. These days we have 14 days, 28 days and even no time limit for John Lewis to get a refund, for no reason whatsoever! I believe that people now think that this is their total consumer right and expect this as a matter of course!
Consumer rights have gone crazy, lets not make it even more so. :rolleyes:

Do you know, the more I read about the cheek of some people and their requests for refunds, the more I think that it's the society we live in today and the culture of refunds.

When I was growing up, you would have to have something seriously wrong with something to get a refund. These days we have 14 days, 28 days and even no time limit for John Lewis to get a refund, for no reason whatsoever! I believe that people now think that this is their total consumer right and expect this as a matter of course!
Consumer rights have gone crazy, lets not make it even more so. :rolleyes:

Here here!! :) x

Latest posts

Back