am i charging to much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
Far too lazy to type it out, but i've got a price list on my web site (in sig) am i charging to much or not enough? I really don't know!

your prices seem ok not cheap and not expensive i think £30 is pretty average all round.

I think your prices are okay for full sets. I would say you are a little cheap for infills and reballances, but then it depends on your area.

Apart from that they are fine.

Prices seem fine to me. Love the website :cool: Managed to sign the guest book twice Lol

It really depends on the area....... maybe get some price lists of other nail and beauty salons in your area and compare your prices to theirs?

Hi.
I think your prices are ok, but cheap for infills (same ammount of work as for full set). Usually prices depends of area. The more salons around - lower prices are. Very nice website, nice photograph on home page.

thanks everyone, i did think infills were kinda cheap, spech as i've just started out so im not up to speed yet so it seems like im working under the min wage, as it still takes me 2 hours and ive been told the industry standard is 1 hour(or was it 45 mins?)

ne way i will think about that one, i work mainly in sittingbourne and not where i live, i beleive most salons in sitt charge £40-45 for a full set and £20-25 for infills (£30 if u go over 3 weeks).

I would say for your part of the world your prices are too cheap all round, but would depend on your experience. remember it's easy to put your prices down than up, so if you're not getting the work, then discount. Also if you are miles cheaper than the competition then peeps may suspect their is something wrong with your work ("you get what you pay for" attititude) which I am sure there is not. I was advised to set your infills at 2/3 price of a set ie £30 set, so 2/3rds would mean £20 for infills. Also if you want to retail a lot, then setting your prices low will attract the "cheapskate" type of client who won't buy oil etc. It's very difficult to get your pricing right, but do be guided by your competitors they set their prices like that for a reason (to make a profit!) Hope I don't sound like I've been preaching!

hiya sarah
i knew u were close to me, but didn't realise u worked in sittingbourne!
you must come in to see us in the new salon, do u know where it is?
with regards to pricing, the point has already been made that it is easier to offer lower prices for special offers, rather than attract people who are only able to or only want to pay low prices, only to raise the price & u loose 1/2 your clients. :(
in our salon, we charge the top end of the price range, because of a few things.
1.all staff are educated to or working towards their masters qualification.
2. we use a full professional range, not bits & pieces.
3. we've been trading for 17 yrs.
we offer the fullest range of nail treatments you r likely to see on a salon treatment menu.
4. we include painting & nail art in our prices.
5. most clients are completed within 1hr.30 mins.(not a conveyer belt, yet not too slow)
we offer hot & cold drinks to our clients.

this list could be longer, but the whole point is your clients will pay as much as they want to pay for a number of different reasons.

the bottom line is... cover your overheads, then decide how much you want to earn when you are fully booked (!) then divide that figure by the amount of hours you want to work.
that will give you an hourly figure.
use this as a guide line to play about with. you may have to rework your figures a little, but it's interesting how the figures look!

the only other issue is your envoirment.
i feel that the prices we charge in our salon set the standard for the rest of our area.
when you are confident that you are giving your clients the best you can, then your prices should echo that.
see you soon!
liza xx

Hiya

I would say you are charging too little!! Dont undervalue yourself!
As was said previously you get what you pay for! Lisa gives some Great advice!

Latest posts

Back