Am I charging too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessec2000

Reaction score
Just a quick question beautiful people :)

Had a lady phone me yesterday saying she had been box dying darkest brown and want her hair stripped and re coloured a light ashy brown ... Everything was fine she made the booking and then she called back to see how much it would be ... I said it would be hard to put an exact price on it but between £50-£60 she said " holy god that's far to dear cancel my appointment "

Am I expecting to much I live in Northern Ireland ?

Much love
X

I am not mobile I have a small salon built at the back if the house x

am in n.i myself! id have thought that was reasonable seeing as its a colour correction and requires a level of skill for that. plus the time it will take you do all that. unfortunately some folk arent willing to pay. probably why they resort to box dyes in first place.:rolleyes:

I'm on the beauty side but I live in n.i too and had been box dying and wanted it lighter. I think I paid £75 for it and I was happy enough with the price! X

Is that including a cut and blow dry?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think that's more than reasonable I pay £85 JUST for my colour cut & Finnish is extra!

Thats terrible for her 2 say that. I would charge about that (more like £60) its a skilled trade is colour correction. There paying for knowladge aswell as product. Thats my favorite line to customers! X

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

Colour strip, re colour and cut and blow dry is anything from £110 - £140 where I work and were not even in a city centre! That's crazy she said that

Just a tight arse thats a good price. Perhaps too cheap! X

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Is that price just for removal of colour? X

Colour strip, re colour and cut and blow dry is anything from £110 - £140 where I work and were not even in a city centre! That's crazy she said that

My prices are between this also, I'm mobile ATM in Essex. X

Is that price just for removal of colour? X

People will spend a fortune on otc products, but when it comes to actually paying to have their hair done, oh my goodness!

I chalk it up to ignorance and superstition.

Also explains all the ugly hair out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow! No that's far to cheap in my opinion. Colour correction is very time consuming people are paying for your time aswell as the service up your prices for this Hun of clients don't like it let them go else where (cheaper) they will soon coming running back to you to re-fix it, then they will realise why you charge what you charge 👍 x

Let her go and get another box job! Tight git!

I have a salon at home also, I charged £80 for a lady wanting the same thing. Some people don't understand the work that is involved in colour correction and the time it takes x

yip i fear im going to have same problem where i am based. tight arse aint the word lol!! i used to live/work in the city where i would have paid £60+ for cut and col. the first time i went into a salon here and asked the price for cut and tint i had to ask again as it was only £40 quid for the lot!! couldnt believe it! think a good few salons here locally charge something like around the 50 quid mark for foils and cut and blow.

Prices are sooo much different between the north and south!!! Too have a colour removed re coloured and a cut and blow dry it's £80 in my salon and that's considered high end prices!!!!

yip i fear im going to have same problem where i am based. tight arse aint the word lol!! i used to live/work in the city where i would have paid £60+ for cut and col. the first time i went into a salon here and asked the price for cut and tint i had to ask again as it was only £40 quid for the lot!! couldnt believe it! think a good few salons here locally charge something like around the 50 quid mark for foils and cut and blow.

Wow that is so cheap. We charge £130 for full head foils, cut and finish.

Our cut and finish is £45 by itself.

£60 seems so cheap for the services you have quoted. Once you have broken it down for products/time etc its not alot really. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back