Am I completely mad, or is it a good idea?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPB

Reaction score
I have only had three bookings this week and one next week, i had one cancellation already today, so i defiantly need to take some type of deposit from people as these cancellations are affecting my day too.

However because business is a little slow, i was going to advertise for models to have free treatments, so 1) i can add new and more images to my Facebook page and 2) hopefully they will come back and pay for a treatment or recommend me.

So for next Wednesday i was going to get about 5/6 girls and have a blast out and do treatments on them, i.e I was going to give some an eyebrow wax and tint, do Cuccio gel polish on some (Going to order a new lamp and 3 more polishes) and maybe offer one set of Acrylic's, but try and get more samples up of eyebrow/ eyelash tinting and eyebrow waxing, plus i haven't got samples up of Cuccio gel polish, only one.

Am i really hoping this is getting me out there.:Scared:

Give Sara a call at Cuccio HQ 01159753656 and she can help you with some samples and free marketing material.

Make sure you are charging for materials, dont leave yourself out of pocket.

Have you got a local selling page on FB? I posted on there half price lash extensions for a month when I wanted to get my speed up! I had a great response and most of the clients I got then are still with me now having infils!

Have you got a local selling page on FB? I posted on there half price lash extensions for a month when I wanted to get my speed up! I had a great response and most of the clients I got then are still with me now having infils!

Oh i didn't think of that. Most people around my area would jump at the chance if its free, so that's is why i thought i should test it first then if i needed more models ever again they would probably not be scared to come to me and pay a little fee towards it all.

Give Sara a call at Cuccio HQ 01159753656 and she can help you with some samples and free marketing material.

I have tried registering with them on their UK page, they haven't gotten back to me, shall have to try and call her :) thank you.

I'd charge for materials at least, to be honest people will expect it and they will still be getting a good deal! You dont want to get the freebie crowd in as you'll never see them again when you charge! x

I'd charge for materials at least, to be honest people will expect it and they will still be getting a good deal! You dont want to get the freebie crowd in as you'll never see them again when you charge! x
Okay i'll have to do that then. Wish i thought of that before i posted about free treatments :/ Any idea how i can worm my way out of it to charge a £5 fee :/
x

Okay i'll have to do that then. Wish i thought of that before i posted about free treatments :/ Any idea how i can worm my way out of it to charge a £5 fee :/
x

I would state that the treatment is free but the product is not. Tell them before they arrive for the treatment because you don't want anyone kicking off and ruining the experience for everyone else.

On a slightly more personal note though, you might want to think things through a bit more before advertising as clients are easily alienated and as already stated you don't want the Freebie Brigade filling your Diary. They want the Moon on a stick and then complain that the stick is too short, too long, too fat too much like a stick. etc. etc. STEER CLEAR. You want to build yourself a quality reputation and the deal chasers are not the type of clients you can build a business on.

You need to be consistent and make sure you look after yourself too. Giving things away for free is not a good way to start up.

Advertise for models to build a portfolio, state the reduced cost on your advert ( try Colleges, Universities, Secondary schools, remember no underage clients and use parental consent forms) Contact local employers and offer Corporate discounts. They will advertise you on their intranet and you will have happy clients believing that they are getting special rates because of their jobs. No freebies just 20% or 50% or whatever you want off your full price. Referrals from them can be charged at full price. Hope I making sense. Try local hotels, caravan parks, holiday accommodation providers, Golf clubs, Insurance companies, hospitals, the opportunities are endless.

Good luck

This works, do offers not free treatments x

Have you tried Salon Guinea Pig? Worked really well for me xx

It isn't to fill my diary up, i would like to get my name out there plus give the public a chance to test me, lets be honest everyone feels weird about going to someone new, who isn't popular etc, this was my way to hoping to get myself out there better. I do agree and i shall try charging £5 fee to the treatments, as i didn't know that i should just give them away.

My Facebook page only has 96 likes, and as soon as i posted that status saying about models 5 people liked it last night, so i am hoping i can steer them to having the treatments but at a cost of £5.

I'll check salon guinea pig out, my area is pretty quiet so i hope there is some local folks on there.

Free treatments is definitely a no way in my eyes! Not sure if you have a Facebook page but last night I put 2 deals on and paid £10 to promote my post, I have had 5 bookings for my deals and they are adding other things on top of that so the £10 is paying for itself in one appointment! Maybe try something like this to get models? Also got me about 30 new "likes" so potential customers. I know it's hard at first to get your name out there but once you have a few clients and a few pictures I'm sure the appointments will come flooding in :) don't work for nothing you will regret it
Good luck! Xx

Free treatments is definitely a no way in my eyes! Not sure if you have a Facebook page but last night I put 2 deals on and paid £10 to promote my post, I have had 5 bookings for my deals and they are adding other things on top of that so the £10 is paying for itself in one appointment! Maybe try something like this to get models? Also got me about 30 new "likes" so potential customers. I know it's hard at first to get your name out there but once you have a few clients and a few pictures I'm sure the appointments will come flooding in :) don't work for nothing you will regret it
Good luck! Xx

I would be worried about stopping the payments for this, i wouldn't mind doing it for a week or so to pick the page up, but is it easy to do and stop?x

Best way id get out of this is to say all the freebie treatment appointments have been filled but so no one misses out you could offer a reduced price ect x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I have loads of Interest willing to pay the £5 I got 3 girls as a defiant and I am only looking for 4, and plenty of girls messaging me asking how far I am lol at Least it worked

You just pay say £10 and it advertises it for the day for you, worked a treat for me and its only a one of payment so don't have to worry about it taking money out your bank all the time! Xx

You just pay say £10 and it advertises it for the day for you, worked a treat for me and its only a one of payment so don't have to worry about it taking money out your bank all the time! Xx
where is that too? Can u link me up x

Latest posts

Back