Am I covered - Insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiobhanMarie

Reaction score
I have just taken my insurance out with BABTAC and want to do a course with capital - i have been doing beauty 9 years and have been tinting most the way through but where i was i had been trained by the manger and clearly must have gone through her insurance somehow.
So basically im starting alone and want/need to be covered for everything i do ... i dont want to pay out loads cause its not like im re learing it i just need to prove i can do it.
On capital website it says to check your covered with insurance for their courses, BABTAC is closed now so i just wondered if anyone else had booked a course through capital who is insured by BABTAC??? XXX

Am not an expert but i'd say you need to send your completed course certificate to babtac to be covered. An exception would be if you have student cover then you are covered to work on models for case studies etc. Hopefully some other geeks may be able to clarify x

This is a problem I am having.

I'm a qualified spray tan technician, but i am going to train to do lashes. I'm going to have to get students insurance as well to cover me for both until I pass the course.

I would have thought that a so called full insurance would hav covered you to train in additional skills, but no they don't :eek:

Hi @SiobhanMarie and @IMMX

Great to hear that you are considering BABTAC membership, which includes insurance. Hope you don't mind us replying to this coversation, but we thought we may be able to help!

@SiobhanMarie BABTAC insurance cover is for courses that are accredited by a reputable company, such as BABTAC, and that you have the pre-requisites required by insurance. I'm pleased to inform you that Capital courses are recognised by us.

@IMMX we strongly believe in practical training, as well as theory. So BABTAC full membership also covers members for supervised case studies, in a treatment you are currently training in, provided we recognise the course for insurance.

We hope this helps, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call our friendly helpline 0845 250 7277.

Good Luck with your training! :biggrin:

Kind Regards
The BABTAC Team

Thankyou so much for your reply .... ;) This has made me very happy as i had already recieved my memebership with BABTAC. Thankyou ;) xxxx

It's very confusing isn't it and I'm glad to see that an organisation as highly regarded as BABTAC are taking the sensible route and insuring courses accredited by reputable companies……..even if it's not by BABTAC.

Think about it………..if you get insured with a company that ONLY covers courses that THEY'VE accredited, that would mean that there will be courses out there that you want to do or have to do during your working career, yet they won't cover you, so you'll have to pay twice and go to another company.

Latest posts

Back