Am I doing something wrong?? (NSI Technail)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leoniecd

Reaction score
Hello

I'm new to nails, have been NSI trained.

I've recently bought the technail color kit (mixable coloured acrylic) On using the acrylic in the box, i've found that this doesn't set. Am i supposed to mix it first with the other attraction products??

i've mixed a few of the colours together to make a different colour and still i found this wouldn't set.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Leonie xx

Hello

I've recently bought the technail color kit (mixable coloured acrylic) On using the acrylic in the box, i've found that this doesn't set. Am i supposed to mix it first with the other attraction products??

i've mixed a few of the colours together to make a different colour and still i found this wouldn't set.

Thanks

Leonie xx

Hi Leonie

Welcome to Geeks... :)

I have only been qualified with nsi since August and bought the technail colour kit more or less right away. I haven't had a problem with the product not curing at all. Are you changing your monomer when it is contaminated?

Why don't you give NSI a ring and ask to speak to your educator. I am sure they can offer you some advice as to why this is happening for you.

Perhaps a more experienced Geek may have an answer for you?

:hug:

On the NSI website it says...
"The colours offer exceptional adhesion, strength and flexibility when used with Attraction Nail Liquid."
That makes me think that they can be used both by mixing and by being used as sole colours.

Could it be that your ratio is far too wet and causing your product to not cure properly?

Did you get the kit from NSI themselves?

Hi Leonie,
I have the tech nail colour kit.
Mine has a little recipe booklet in with it - it says mix X amount of scoops to X amount scoops of a base eg clear or white. Maybe mine is a different kit I bought mine 18 months ago. Mine are just very small jars, 24 in the box.
PM me - I can pop round and see you if that helps.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Hello

Thanks

Leonie xx

Never thought to ask.. what monomer are you using? I assumed it would be attraction.

If you are using Attraction Nail Liquid, I would check your mix ratio. It should be medium-wet. NSI has some great mix ratios tips and intructions on their website www.nsinails.com. They also have a video on Technailcolor. You should check it out.

Hi Leonie,
I have the tech nail colour kit.
Mine has a little recipe booklet in with it - it says mix X amount of scoops to X amount scoops of a base eg clear or white. Maybe mine is a different kit I bought mine 18 months ago. Mine are just very small jars, 24 in the box.
PM me - I can pop round and see you if that helps.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

My technail kit bought this year has powders which are used straight from the jar with no mixing needed (unless you want to custom blend the colour). However, I have not tried it with a different monomer, only Attraction liquid.

Cheers,
Hazel

Same here I use the tech colours with the attraction liquid no problems for me either.

why not give them a call im sure there sort it out for you hun.good luck.xx

hey Leoniecd i had the same problem but dint wanna ask, i just gav it up as a bad idea....i use the attraction liquid.
i threw away the book that came with the products & i bought them at gmex last yr! hope somone comes up wit the advice needed so i can get usin em, need ta practise with different colours. :lol:

Please don't throw your products away and don't give up. I use attraction and I have the technail colour kit.

If you bought this directly from nsi along with your attraction liquid and the product isn't old and you're using the correct ratio then please ring them, that's what they are there for.

I have pictures in my album of my brush box with 3d sculpting on the top of it. These were done with technail colours and attraction and I have sculpted tips with them too without these problems.

I always mix the coloured powders with clear powder as far as I'm aware they aren't made for using alone. One small pot would only last for a few sets if they were to be used without mixing, whereas mine last for ages. HTH x:)

Hi,
I do most of my nails with the coloured Technail kit. I don't mix them with any other powder and use Attraction liquid.
If you need any help, let me know.
Claire x

The technail colours from nsi do not need to be mixed with clear acrylic.. you can of course, to make it go further but it will have a difference on the opacity of the colour. The only powder in the kit itself that needs mixing with clear polymer is the opal shimmer which is purely a glitter...

this is the link to the page on nsi's website and it clearly states on there that opal shimmer is the only one that needs mixing, the rest are coloured polymer powders.

New Technail Colour Kit - Nail Systems International(UK)

Latest posts

Back