Am I doing something wrong??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 25559

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just a quick question about NSI Technail Colour Acrylics (again), I have applied the flourescent colours to zone 1 and applied clear acrylic to zones 2 and 3 as normal, however when it came to filing the product I noticed that the coloured acrylic 'came off' for want of a better phrase, it just disappeared as I was filing. It didn't happen to every nail. Is this down to something I did wrong? I put it down to me not putting enough product on in the frst place?? just a guess, but I couldn't think of any other explanation.
Has anyone else had this problem??
Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for reading/replying

I would balance out the colour product first, all even, then cover with clear / pink in a thicker balance, then when it is time to file / buff, the colour will not come off.

you learn the more you do...... This use to happen to me too.

you might just need to make your colour thinner so that when you put the clear on, you are only buffing the clear if that makes sense (like make colour thinner and clear a little thicker) lol x

i agree, the technailcolor powders are highly pigmented so a very thin layer is all you need for even color, then cap in clear and finish file.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all your help guys, it's very much appreciated xx

i agree, the technailcolor powders are highly pigmented so a very thin layer is all you need for even color, then cap in clear and finish file.
Posted via Mobile Device

Prescisely. Just cover with a little clear acrylic and you won't file off the color. Best of luck! :hug:

Latest posts

Back