Am I doing the right thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
ok im doing my level 2 womens hairdressing which i enjoy but my main passion is putting hair up and now i dont know if i should follow my head and do my level 3 with a salon placement and be a hairdresser or follow my heart and do media hair and make up level 3 as id really love to learn the make up so i can do the full look .. i know its hard to become a make up artist as its very competitive but id love to do photoshoots etc .. but am i being silly should i follow my heart or my head hmm? does any one have any advice x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You're still young. Just go for what you really want to do. You will be a qualified hairdresser after level 2 anyway so you still have that to fall back on if needed.

It's much harder to change fields and get to the top when you're older as you tend to have more responsibilities towards others, family, older parents etc.

You didn't say it was an impossible dream just hard to break into, so why not give it your best shot?

You're still young. Just go for what you really want to do. You will be a qualified hairdresser after level 2 anyway so you still have that to fall back on if needed.

It's much harder to change fields and get to the top when you're older as you tend to have more responsibilities towards others, family, older parents etc.

You didn't say it was an impossible dream just hard to break into, so why not give it your best shot?

well id be a juinor hairdresser but tbh id probably still be the same if i was to do a level 3 as ive not learnt through an apprenticw and yes i am young lol but i have 3 children so thats why i was swaying towards level 3 hairdressing but if my heart is set on something else then is there much point.. and also i dont think i could work full time in a salon for at least anouther couple of years.. arghh i dunno its so stressful trying to decide on your future xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back