Am I expecting too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazcasa

Reaction score
Long story short. A friend of mine used to share my beauty room for a while before moving into 1 of her own. When she fell pregnant she asked me to take over her 3 mobile clients whilst she was off, which I agreed to.

I then found out from them all that after being off for 6 months she had written to them saying that she's not returning and introducing a friend of her who had set up, including a price list and discount voucher. I knew nothing of either being sent out..

So they are now happily staying with me and are all a little let down by her sending a new price list. Another 2 months pass.

This week I find out that she has contacted my clients to say she is going to work a day a week, includes her price list and discount vouchers. She still hasn't bothered to tell me.

Am I expecting too much here? All I ask is for people to be straight with me and I feel that she's been sly. Am I being over sensitive?

I think she is within her rights to try and reclaim her customers that she passed onto you HOWEVER as a friend, it's pretty low to not even mention to you!

It's a difficult one but she definately should have let you know first if she was hoping to get her clients back. But as people say there are no real friends in business unfortunately. I hope your and your friend talk about it and get things sorted, as in the grand scheme of things it's probably not worth falling out over (even though she has been out of line) but just learn from it xx

Thanks for the opinions. I won't fall out with her but I will keep my guard up in future. I have no issues with her contacting clients I just wish she had told me that she was going to. It's all about the manners really.

Is she your friend?
How often do you talk?
Why would you not have known she wasn't returning to work after her baby, do you know the other 'friend' she recommended ?

Has she had the opportunity to tell you she is going back to work 1 day a week?

Yes she is a friend and I fully expected her to come back to work which is why I charged her lower prices whilst I was covering her. We are in contact every week and we have spoken twice and i have visited the baby all in the 2 weeks since she sent letters out and me finding out.

I personally think that this kind of thing between friendsis usually a disaster waiting to happen anyway. Se probably didn't know how to say to you "oh by the way I want to hand over those clients to my other friend" or "oh I'd like my clients back". Although I understand she wants them back but trying to get them to go to another friend was harsh. Maybe this other friend was,offering her some commission or something? Why else would she take them from you Only to pass to another friend.

Yes I understand with some people here saying they were her clients but there are unwritten rules of conduct with friends which need to be stuck to.

But my I personally think the problem was from the outset she should have made it clear that she'd want the clients back sooner or later so this is only a temporary measure. And this is a question you should have asked too.

I guess you will have to put this down to a bad experience. Although the clients may not go back to her if you have kept them happy with treatments, customer service and prices.

I would still ask her why she tried to pass on the clients to another friend though as that was out of order. Maybe someone said something and tried to stir between you but will be good to clear The air.

Friendship is too good to lose over misunderstandings so hope you sort it out and have a drink together and maybe hare clients.

Latest posts

Back