Am i getting any better??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planet-Nails

Reaction score
Sat here full of cold and feeling bit sorry for myself......

I did my foundation course 8 months ago and have 5 "regular" clients. (My choice as i also work full time). My question is that i did a full set of nails on myself last night french with dried flowers in and it took me 1hr and 15 mins. Admitidly they look a lot better than they did 6 months ago and it takes me just under 1hr to do a clients nails but i just wondered if this was good, bad or average for my limited experience... I am still practising hard with good old nail trainer and booking further courses to develop more.

Would love to hear from others on how they progressed and how long it takes you to do a set on yourself??

Also if there are any master techs about how long does it take you and after how many years??

Thanks and sniff/sneeze

Taz
x

I am still at the 3 - 4 hour stage, I tried to speed up a bit today and wasnt not please with the result, not half as nice as my previous set.

Bodacious said:
I am still at the 3 - 4 hour stage, I tried to speed up a bit today and wasnt not please with the result, not half as nice as my previous set.
How long a go did you do your training? I'm left handed and can produce a fairly good right hand but still have an exceptional ammount of buffing to do on the left (for some reason develop a very annoying shake when holding brush in right hand!!)

Do you think we are too sceptical? Which isn't a bad point as can only improve!

Taz
x

only in the last month LOL!

I am just impatient and am concered at my poor clients having to sit for so long!

BUT they all seem genuinly very pleased with there nails, to the pooint that last week I did one set that subsequelty brought me in two more sets , both within 24 hours of the client seeing the set that I had done (if that makes sense)

CND trained in May and I still take roughly 3 hours to do L&P!! Did a clients nails beginning of the week and it seems like forever before I finished...but I somehow cut my time down to 2.5 hours...just like Geeg says in another thread...I seemed to spend alot of time checking instead of getting on with the job...does that make any sense?

crystal100 said:
CND trained in May and I still take roughly 3 hours to do L&P!! Did a clients nails beginning of the week and it seems like forever before I finished...but I somehow cut my time down to 2.5 hours...just like Geeg says in another thread...I seemed to spend alot of time checking instead of getting on with the job...does that make any sense?
Totally, I made a real effort today not to keep dusting after every nail. but after doing all thenails nad then checking. Just got to keep the quality of the blending whislt getting faster...ggrrr....LOL

Hi Bo...the blending technique is what slows me down...I'm not quite fast enough, but hopefuly time and practise will help.

Have to say blending was my time waster too. I think all techs are like this in the beginning, but when you get to know how to place your product on smoothly you don't need to blend half as much. Its better to spend alot more time with the prep work then the rest just doesn't take much time at all. Its taken me about 6 months to get to the point of loving what i produce, still practising my smile lines but through a change in product they have dramatically improved, so don't give up it will happen.

I started to do full sets of nails on February - firs time it took me 3.5 hours..... But more I did them, more quickly it happen. Now I do full set for 1.5 - 2 hours and I still feel I need lots of practice.......

hiya guys,
for those of you who've completed your foundation class, have you done your "next step" class yet?
this is a 1 day class that will give u & your educator a chance to spot anything that may b slowing u down.
also, & it has been said b4, learn to sculpt!
if your application of product has progressed to a satisfactory stage, then u are probably spending an awful amount of time applying & blending tips.
have some 1-1 with your educator on sculpting, & when you have progressed on some more, book your master classes.
you will learn sooo much on these 3 classes & if you don't feel ready to take your qualification day at the end, wait until the next one (it's usually 3-4 mnths later)
your educator will guide you on when you are ready.
skill must come before speed!
go for it!
liza xx

liza smith said:
hiya guys,
for those of you who've completed your foundation class, have you done your "next step" class yet?
this is a 1 day class that will give u & your educator a chance to spot anything that may b slowing u down.
if your application of product has progressed to a satisfactory stage, then u are probably spending an awful amount of time applying & blending tips.
have some 1-1 with your educator on sculpting, & when you have progressed on some more, book your master classes.
you will learn sooo much on these 3 classes & if you don't feel ready to take your qualification day at the end, wait until the next one (it's usually 3-4 mnths later)
go for it!
liza xx
Hi Lisa,

Didn't realise there was a "next step" class! Must have had mind on other nail bits when it was mentioned!! Am going to the one stop tomorrow so will be asking!

Erm sculpting still seems a very very long way off and a very very scary thought at the moment!! Must say though i would love to see it being done! I do go to most of the open forum days when i can as they inspire me so much!

Please tell, how long does it take you to complete a full set?

Thanks again for all the info

Taz
x

It takes me about 2.5 hours to do a full set. Still working on my smile lines but since doing the CND Conversion course I've found this alot better (Hooray for Creative). I must say though...... the 2.5 is mostly stoppin to chat...... I love a good blether. Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit, rabbit....... xx :lol:

It is taking me about 2.5 hours at the moment to do a full set - but this is for both sculptures and tips with white powder. If I use a white tip then it knocks a bit of time off. Must say - I think im very lucky as I really enjoy, and seem to have got the hang of straight away, applying the smile lines using white powder!!

hiya taz
if i don't chat & really concentrate, i can do a new set of pink sculpts in 40 mins, & a set of pink & white in 1 hr.(i did the latter 2day on one of my staff!)

the next step is definately a good move, then depending on what your educator thinks, then do the creative illusions class. this is part of your masters, but you don't have to do your qualification day until your ready.

liza x

Hi ya i qualified in dec n it still takes me 2hr plus to do full set of l&p p&w i seen to spend a lot of time blendin the tips than anything else dont need to blend to much at the end cos i'm not bad at sculpting with the brush now but when i ist started i could take up to n hour just blendin at the end. It will get easier and quicker with more practise I also did the real rebalancing day last week n that was one of the best things i could have done cos it helped me so much on my rebalancing

liza smith said:
hiya guys,
go for it!
liza xx

Hey Liza,

Thanks for the advice, tottled off (still full of cold to the CND academy and enquired re next step!! After lots of scrutiny on my nails, recommended to take the Masters (still sounds a scary word, however a bit more reassured now).
Will be starting with the real rebalence in sept and am very excited!

Got in slightly more trouble with hubby when i got home though as erm happened to go in the one stop and came home with more pretties.....
On that note Hot Pop Blue rocks!!

Thanks again

Taz
x

Latest posts

Back