Am I the only person who is sick and tired of rogue training providers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickyjpearce

Reaction score
Sorry guys if this sounds like a rant, I don't mean it too. Maybe I'm just looking for some support or ideas. I myself have been in the health, beauty and aesthetics industry for over 20 odd years. Most of this time I have also been a qualified teacher, assessor, blah blah blah. I worked in the NHS for a period as a health professional but gave it up to go back into aesthetics and teaching.

Ever since I came back full time I have done nothing but clean up the absolute mess that rogue training providers do. We have people coming from other countries conning people out of thousands of pounds for one day workshops and leaving them with sub-standard illegal, dangerous products. Then even worse we have trainer in the UK who are just distributing and not offering appropriate training that is leaving practitioners and their both physically and psychologically scarred.

YET AGAIN this week I have seen a girl in my clinic for counseling (Debriefing) on her previous course which didn't even provide course materials. They just directed her to do her own research on products. They taught her to inject products that were not produced to UK or even CE standards and contained god knows what. It clearly stated NOT to inject! an yet this training was teaching just that. The girl's client had a serious reaction and when she approached the trainer they were less than supportive, and when pressed on why she didn't provide training in this and that she just changed the subject. I get this all the time now, and it is very upsetting to see people robbed of their hard-earned money and given nothing but problems in return!

I can really see Beauty and Aesthetics going down the road of anyone can walk in off the street, even if they're a mechanic and train in literally anything now! I've seen VTCT level 3 Beauty Therapy courses that take just 5 days..... I complained to VTCT as it took me a whole year or about 1000 hours, after completing a year at level 2! Is this what we have become? What are we going to do about it? I'm just lost for words or ideas, it just seems that people want to make money for nothing! I mention no names in this post but I'm sure if you have experienced similar things with training providers you will probably know who I'm referring too. I'm just so glad that all my experiences with training have made me do things in my training organization a little differently. Well, a lot different! Please tell me I'm not alone in this??

I absolutely agree with you I am HND qualified in beauty 16 years took me 2 years of night school to get my hnc then a further year for my hnd I am in Scotland.

Totally with you on injectable etc it's not illegal for a mechanic/builder or joe bloggs to do a injectable course do not agree with it at all. It should be regulated I phoned the local council which are looking into licenses but as yet now are required. Shocking considering the damage people can do.

Think our industry should be made up of fully qualified people I worked hard for my certificate paid for my education and people can do day/s courses here and there. Our services and quality of services are being somewhat diluted by a number of botched jobs. Plus some of the deals I see like gel polish for £5 is so disheartening. I use good expensive quality products and cannot perform these treatments at such a low price. Well I could for massage but I chose not too. In my area a therapist is offering full body for £20 cheaper than my back massage.

So feel like I'm up against trying to build a business or so hard was getting there when covid hit.

Also in terms of trainers seen someone offering a lash lift course for £25 just think this is shocking my lash lift I perform is £30 and other courses really cheap too. These people are cheapening the industry.

So totally understand and agree with your feelings.

Latest posts

Back