Am I the only smell freak !!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
Ok lately 'm getting a little worried,
I love..actually no ..I LOVE the smell of solvents etc...
spray paint, petrol omg yummy petrol, nail enamel, Monomer (I am so happy when I can smell monomer )
even permenant markers !!

When I was pregnant with my girls my cravings were smells, not really foods , with the first it was new magazines, new plastic things, (such as rain covers , blow up beach ball's etc) and petrol, even though if I got a whiff of petrol it made me sick !

With my second child it was permanent markers, I purposely had a stash of markers that I hid around the house because my partner didnt like it , he thought it would be bad for the baby (now 8)
but every now and then he would come in from work and say
"emma have you been sniffing markers"
Id reply
"no love, i havent I told you I wouldn't"
he would come back at me with
"oh right ok , go and look in the mirror"
and yes ! I'd have a big black dot on my nose :suprised:

Any way I am definatley NOT pregnant,
but is there only me that gets really excited when they get a whiff of their favourite smell.
obviously I will not be opening my monomer and taking a big sniff,as that would just be plain stupid ! (before anybody tells me off lol)
but god even when I was driving before I said to my boyfy "oooh I could just sniff a nail enamel " :eek:

PLease say it's not just me !!!!

No Emm you're not weird and if you are so am I - I love the smell of nail polish and also kerosene, sulphur (when a match has just been struck). Although monomer is a no no for me can't stand the smell of that!

I like weird smells as well.....I love the smell of fish.....reminds me of the sea....:biggrin:and the smell of my kids when they were little and had dirty hair....:eek:

Also love the smell of my polish remover ...cinnamon scented....and my alcohol ...cherry scented......:biggrin:

I Love The Smell Of Petrol And Tarmac, Ooh And The Side Of A Box Of Mathches, When I Was Little I Used To Lick The Side Of Them, Yum Yum....

I love to smell creosote, fresh tarmac and freshly baked bread (but that's not unusual lol).
Whenever I drive through roadworks where they're laying tarmac I always make sure the airvents are open LMAO, it drives my daughter mad because she hates the smell of it!

Give me the tarmac I love it....used to just park up last time I was pregnant near roadworks and sniff....pmsl

Quite like the smell of monomer . . . . one of my clients has a fixation with it and has been known to try and grab the dappen dish or monomer bottle to get her fix!! She also adores the whiff of primer and sits smelling her nails after I've applied it :eek::eek:

Lol I thought my car was on fire yesterday, I panicked and then my boyfy looked at me like i was stupid,
It was tarmac :D

I too love petrol and tarmac, and I love the smell of rain on warm roads/pavements :o. Can't say I am a fan of monomer though!!!

when I pregnant with the little man the smell of petrol would make to drool, there was an advert on the telly of a petrol pump gushing with petrol and this would do the same thing ... nearly foaming at the mouth !!!!!!! well it did look like cider !

ooh i quite like smell of petrol too, and yes i love tarmac, dont know why but i do, and the smell of a just struck match, i used to sniff the side of the box when i was younger lol, never licked it :lick:though hun thats just plain weird rofl:wink2:

i do like nice normal things too like fresh bread, and cut grass etc

so what a weird bunch we are pmsl:biggrin:

:biggrin: petrol and fresh tarmac for me, I put petrol in my car slowly so I can stand longer smelling it, if tarmac is being laid I drive like the little old men with caps so I can smell the tarmac longer. sad eh

Oooo ewwww! You lot need to be married to my hubby. He lays tarmac for a living and comes home stinking of it daily. I hate it. Give me monomer and petrol any day.

No you´re not weird at all Emms, I Love the smell of Creosote, tarmac & permanent markers...(my personal fave) and Covonia cough medicine.
I used to love petrol in the uk but where I live now it really is disgusting, I have absolutely no idea what they put in it over here but the petrol stations all smell like they have a very bad drainage problem....if you know what I mean!!! lol

PETROL!!!! Yummmmmyyy! :lick: I love the smell of petrol! I also love the smell of new magazines, new paper, new books, I love the smell of marmite and bovril, love the taste too, but both give me indigestion :sad:

Bold Lavender and Chamomile - OMG I couldsniff that alllll day long! I stick my nose in the dryer when the washings done for about 5 mins, my Bf just laughs at me lol!

Another smell i love is the smell of my hamster!!! Not a pee smell or a dirty cage smell, but the smell of his furrrrr! Yummy! :biggrin:

im a solvent frak too - they smell so good mmmmmm sniffy pens!! :Love:

Oooo ewwww! You lot need to be married to my hubby. He lays tarmac for a living and comes home stinking of it daily. I hate it. Give me monomer and petrol any day.

send him to me but don't wash him

I'm with you on all this too!

I used to get into trouble at work for smelling the marker pens (yes, I'd get the marker pen nose too!), tippex (well, the cheapie pretend tippex which wasn't as good as the real thing, and oh my god I love monomer!!!!

Oooh actually... the girl who sits next to me at my Creative Foundation course got a bottle of brush solvent for cleaning gunked up brushes in. I took the lid of that and had a damned good whiff! It was Lurvely!!!!! I thought it smelt a bit like cake batter (but solventy, if you see what I mean).

Oh and also... it has to be LEADED petrol for me. None of that tree-hugging, hippy unleaded rubbish!!!

I thought of one last night .....I love the smell of $$$ ...the paper kind....every time I go to the ATM I get a good whiff before I put it in my pocket book.....

oh and the normal things too I love .....Jasmine shrubs and fresh cut bamboo:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back