Am I weird?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingkong1131

Reaction score
I'm a man asking this question. I have a question for all you professionals who do nails. Are there alot of women getting there nails done because their boyfriend or husband likes them done? Just wondered if this was normal and if you have alot of clients that get them done extra long for their significant other? Just wondered if I'm a strange person for wanting this. If so, maybe I could find a counselor somewhere who can treat my strange fetish. I appreciate your input.

maybe a fetish so probably on the wrong forum:)

I understand that, but was curious if a lot of women get them done because of their spouse/boyfriends request? Thought they would probably mention that during the time they were there. I know women tell you everything. LOL

Hi,i have never done a lady a set of nails because her partner asked her to get them done.

Hope this helps,and please be mindfull this is a professional nail forum.

I understand that, but was curious if a lot of women get them done because of their spouse/boyfriends request? Thought they would probably mention that during the time they were there. I know women tell you everything. LOL
I couldn't imagine many women having them done just because their partners/boyfriends requested it.

I think if it were the case that these women's other halves wanted these same women to have long nails(for whatever reason)then they are hardly going to tell us(that's quite a private matter and certainly Not one we as professionals would be wanting to discuss with our clients)

In answer to your other question,are you weird or strange???well who knows.:eek:

nobody has come to me to ask for extra long nails because there other half wanted it....if they wanted them a bit longer it was for them....as for you needing counserling thats up to you.....as for fetish ....who knows ! xx

Sorry for bothering you. I guess I misunderstood the content on this site.

Hi No I don't think you are weird, my own natural nails are very long and before I was married 6yrs ago I had a couple of boyfriends who where really into my nails, not just in a sexual way but they just liked them being long, just like some men prefer hair long and others short, but clients will not tell you their partner's likes and dislikes, and most/all nail techs will try and keep any conversations with clients to general, getting into private conversations can lead to trouble further down the line.

Ure not that weird *winks...ive met women who came for pedicures because their husband's loved their feet so i guess its not much of a difference...

Hi there, I have clients that will say "My husband couldn't wait for my nails to be back on, he really likes them and thinks they look a sight when they aren't on", but never actually ask for extra length for the O.H. My husband used to like me getting really bling airbrushing, chavier the better!! Each to their own I suppose!

I do have a fair few clients husbands who quite like their partners nails. I have had a few get their nails done because their partners suggested it, obviously they thought it was a good idea too.

I do have one client in particular who has her nails quite short and she grows them abit longer through her holidays for her boyfriends benefit as he always has liked them longer. As soon as she goes back to work she shortens them, although she does prefer them shorter. Also they take it in turns to pick out which polish colour she will have at each appointment.

I don't find it all that strange, its just like hair my husband doesn't short hair. I suppose nails aren't that different.

I have clients who's husbands come in to salon and buy vouchers for their wifes to come and get their nails done.

:)

Latest posts

Back