Amateur Tanning..the Cheek!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonilee

Reaction score
Hiya geeks!! Some of you may remember my thread about how horrified I was when the trainee hairdresser from the salon I used to do beauty in started doing nails, she knew what she was doing cos she had watched me.....welll the saga continues......

The owner just rang me up....(the trainee and wannabe nail techs mum incidentally) to say she had bought a tanning machine of the internet and her daughter was doing it but didnt like it, so now the owner was going to do it herself and she was just wondering if I could go in and she her how to use the machine properly and give her some tips!!!:irked::irked:

Am I being oversensitive or is this type of thing just bleeding annoying!!

Its pure cheek! just tell her that she wouldnt be insureed that way and she needs to book herself onto a workshop to get a certificate- or you could tell her where to get off!

Complete cheek. Can you imagine Pepsi calling Coke and asking them for the secret recipe?

If they want to offer beauty treatments they need a trained beauty therapist.

Don't let your competition take advantage of your good nature (but try not to be rude, just firm). I was in a similar situation and found it was best to point them in the rough direction, so in your case tell them about some training colleges but no more, or offer her a commission on any clients she sends your way.

jo
Beauty products | Beauty Therapy | Professional Treatments | Beauty Supplies- Moorspa.co.uk

Yes, like has been said... tell her she needs to do a course for a few hours and get a certificate for insurance purposes.....cheeky sod.

Its pure cheek! just tell her that she wouldnt be insureed that way and she needs to book herself onto a workshop to get a certificate- or you could tell her where to get off!

This is just it she said she had public liability for the salon and therefore is insured!! Its like banging your head off a brick wall!! Not to mention they were most unpleasant to work with and ever so bitchy I cant think of anything worse than going back in there even for a second!!

Complete cheek. Can you imagine Pepsi calling Coke and asking them for the secret recipe?

:lol: I had not thought about it like that but I guess it puts it into perspective!!

Tell her all the machines are different, ask her which one she has, then tell her you have never used that one. Or ask her how much she will pay you to set it up. Or as Eager Beaver said tell her where to get off.

I would just love to send someone in with a contra indication and see if they spotted it, or got someone to complain severly and threaten to sue!!

Meee oooow!!..

I am a bigger better person I will not think nasty thoughts.....lol!!!!

I would just love to send someone in with a contra indication and see if they spotted it, or got someone to complain severly and threaten to sue!!

Meee oooow!!..

I am a bigger better person I will not think nasty thoughts.....lol!!!!
or get her to come to you and tan her.. (making her look like a orange:lol::lol:)

Sorry only joking Having a sick sence of humor day:lol:

It would be better to inform Trading Standards. After all this can effect your business and other professional beauty therapists. If one person has a bad tan or rotten nails they will tell the horror story to someone else, and that is usually enough to put someone off who was considering the treatment.

'Oh did you hear about Doris her legs were different colours, I wouldn't trust those spray tan, it was weeks before she could wear a dress. You're better off with sunbed/cream tan...'

It doesn't take much to worry people.

It would be better to inform Trading Standards. After all this can effect your business and other professional beauty therapists. If one person has a bad tan or rotten nails they will tell the horror story to someone else, and that is usually enough to put someone off who was considering the treatment.

'Oh did you hear about Doris her legs were different colours, I wouldn't trust those spray tan, it was weeks before she could wear a dress. You're better off with sunbed/cream tan...'

It doesn't take much to worry people.

unfortunately trading standards wont do anything about it there powers are very limited.

Just say no sorry i am far too busy, go on a course like the rest of us do.

unfortunately trading standards wont do anything about it there powers are very limited.

Thanks I was so horrified I said I would ring her back but I dont plan to if she does call me I will tell her to do a course like the rest of us like you said. Just the sheer cheek of it infuriated me!

I will check with our local TS office but I believe that is what they do - protecting the public and all that.

Even if TS can not do anything about the tanning they may be able to intervene if they are not conforming to Hibia Code of Conduct for Nail Service as this is where our local TS would go for guidance.

I will check with our trading standards office tomorrow to be sure.

I will check with our local TS office but I believe that is what they do - protecting the public and all that.

Even if TS can not do anything about the tanning they may be able to intervene if they are not conforming to Hibia Code of Conduct for Nail Service as this is where our local TS would go for guidance.

I will check with our trading standards office tomorrow to be sure.

Thanks will you keep me posted?

This is just it she said she had public liability for the salon and therefore is insured!! Its like banging your head off a brick wall!! Not to mention they were most unpleasant to work with and ever so bitchy I cant think of anything worse than going back in there even for a second!!

She will only be insured for those specific treatments that are performed by trained and qualified therapists, not for any old treatment, it says that in the small print of most (if not all) insurance policies. If the people doing the treatments do not have the proper qualifications, they are NOT covered by the insurance. This is one of the reasons why I left the salon I used to work at and am now doing catch-up training.

Latest posts

Back