Amitriptyline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
Has anyone been on Amitriptyline ? I was prescribed it on Thursday for nerve pain, I've been feeling weird since !!! It's only 10 mg so a small dose.:Scared:

Has anyone been on Amitriptyline ? I was prescribed it on Thursday for nerve pain, I've been feeling weird since !!! It's only 10 mg so a small dose.:Scared:

I was prescribed it for bladder pain and I couldn't tolerate it as it made my eyesight go. Could you maybe cut the tablet in half so you only take 5mg at a time whilst you get used to it?

That's funny you said about your eyes because since fri I feel like my eyes have gone weird, I have to tilt my ipad now to read it now lol ! I'm on it for nerve pain from a tummy tuck I had 2 years ago and also pelvic pain.

I had it too made me feel like a zombie. Totally spaced out for about 3 weeks till I got used to it. Got mine for nerve pain and was on 25mg xx

So after you stuck with it the ' zombie ness ' did wear off ???

Yes you get used to it eventually. I got quite a dry mouth too though.
It still put me to sleep within an hour of taking it though. For 12 hours I was useless. So I took it at 7pm knowing I could wake at 7am. As I have kids if I took it before bed I'd struggle to get up. I did take it earlier as I got used to it, and force myself to stay awake. Be careful Driving too, can make you dopey x

Oh God I'm really scared to keep taking it !!! I read the contra indications, the zombie stuff has def kicked in but I'm also really concerned about the possible weight gain as well. I'm really stressed out :eek:

You have to give it a go for a few weeks before side effects wear off :(
My mum is on these for pain and she is ok with them, no weight gain ect but everyone is different.
Are they helping the pain yet? Xx

I have been taking it for years now, I take 25mgs as I have suffered with headaches since I was 11 dues to tension in my neck and shoulders. I have no side effects now buy did have the zombie thing for a while. Give it time, it will settle down x

I'm on 10mg a night for nerve pain. When I first started taking it I got the dry mouth but now I've been on it for over a year don't really get that anymore. Haven't had any weight gain from it either. I have gained weight but that's down to me eating too much & not doing enough exercise lol.

Before I started taking it I would near enough always have to get up at least once to go for a wee. Then I'd take forever to get back off to sleep again thanks to a helicopter brain. Now though, I take one & that's me until the morning :green:

I take it for ibs . I take it as soon as I get into bed and I'm asleep within half an hour but I've never had any problems with it.

I've been on it for just over a year I'm on 100 mg i was really drowsy to start with I had to take it a couple of hours before going to bed or I couldn't get up it the morning but the side effects wear off quite quickly xxx

Wow 100mg that's a lot

This site is so great ! I'm going to keep going with it after reading the replies xxx

I was on a trial of it for a month this jan-February on a 10mg dose (a lot higher doses are for depression). I was on it as I have chronic fatigue syndrome (M.E) and Fibromyalgia. My doc tried me on them as well as my painkillers as it's meant to be good for nervous system disorders/diseases. But it didn't work for me and I didn't like the zombie feel and I also felt very nauseous on them. I told my doc they didn't work and didn't like them and she said they are common to have side effects!

I'm on 10mg one every night before bed to help with migraines and a trapped nerve in my neck, knocks me put till morning, I am waking up groggy every morning and takes a few hours to wear off! I have noticed I'm drinking a lot more tea from dry mouth, I've been on it just over a month I think, so not sure on weight gain as of yet, my eyesight started to go down hill and now found out I need glasses a the time but my eyesights never been great long distance so could just be down to it getting worse with age now lol

I feel they just make me tired the first week I took them I was like a zombie at work in the morning I was use to nobody lol but I'm used to them now I just make sure I take them a bit earlier at night x

I started on 20mg for a bad back and knee that they thought might of been nerve damage n the dose just kept getting higher and higher or I'd be awake for days or surviving on an hours sleep and nothing else works x think you can go up to 300 mgs but that sounds really severe xx

I take it for ibs . I take it as soon as I get into bed and I'm asleep within half an hour but I've never had any problems with it.

Can I ask do they actually help with the IBS? My consultant wants to put me on something similar to amitriptyline but I'm worried as I lost so much eyesight on them before. However, none of the IBS treatments have worked and any food is still going straight through me so I'm desperate now. Thanks

I was prescribed it for insomnia, from 10 mg to 50mg 12 months later! Was just about to ask for a higher dose when I fell pregnant so currently on cold turkey from them! X

HairBy Amanda

Latest posts

Back