Amitriptyline

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on it for nerve pain and insomnia. It did nothing at all for me apart from make me gain weight!
My dad was prescribed it for nerve pain and it helps him but knocks him out. No other side effects x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I was on it for nerve pain and insomnia. It did nothing at all for me apart from make me gain weight!
My dad was prescribed it for nerve pain and it helps him but knocks him out. No other side effects x

Did you just gain weight or was in because of increased appetite ? X

Did you just gain weight or was in because of increased appetite ? X

Increased appetite hun, constantly had the munchies x

I was on them for about a year for constant headaches increasing to 50mg per night but they did nothing for my headaches and I gained a stone in weight

My Doctor said it would not be due to the tablets but I stopped taking them and the weight fell off - Go figure

They did not make me feel sleepy but I have the constitution of an ox -lol

Yup my gp said weight gain wasn't due to them but I came off them and the weight came off me.

So weight gain is due to munching ! X

Your like me, I'm trying to find a suitable HRT at the moment and some sides effects are bad but I skip to weight gain and acne and panic! 😱
Everyone is different, if I were you I would give it four weeks at least and keep a diary with notes to see how you feel each day.
You may not have the weight gain at all.
You may not have any, you may get one!
Only time will tell and everyone is different.
Don't worry just give them a try and go from there xxx

No that is not what I meant . I ate no ore or no less when on the tablets and I am 100% sure in MY case that is was the Amyriptyline that made me put on weight

But everyone is different so not to say that will happen to everyone

No that is not what I meant . I ate no ore or no less when on the tablets and I am 100% sure in MY case that is was the Amyriptyline that made me put on weight

But everyone is different so not to say that will happen to everyone

How long until you noticed weight gain ?
I weigh regularly and my diet is pretty good so I will know straight away if I start gaining x

How long until you noticed weight gain ?
I weigh regularly and my diet is pretty good so I will know straight away if I start gaining x

To be honest I can't remember as it was 2/3 years ago . I have always weighed around 8 1/2 stone and I went up to 9st 4 Llbs over I would say a period of nine months.As it came on very gradually I did not take much notice I must admit and never thought for one moment it could be the tablets. Nothing I seemed to do would shift it

I have dogs so walked for a good hour and a half every day and have quite a small appetite . I am small framed so 91/2 stone for me was very uncomfortable . As they seemed to do nothing to stop my headaches I made the decision to come off them and within a month or so the weight slowly stared to go down again and I was back to my 'normal' weight within about 6 months

I would just see how you go and monitor the situation

I was on these 20 yrs ago for depression they used to make me space out so much that I used to lose days out of my week where I didn't remember anything.

I was on these 20 yrs ago for depression they used to make me space out so much that I used to lose days out of my week where I didn't remember anything.

Well I'm only trying for 1 week so I've got 2 days left,,

I feel like I'm in a bubble !!! I did a clients hair today I could not find my car keys ANY WEAR I emptied my bag twice outside her house then phoned to see if I'd left them there only to realise that I didn't have my car as I'd walked to hers !!! :Scared:

Good job I can work with my eyes shut !

Well I'm only trying for 1 week so I've got 2 days left,,

I feel like I'm in a bubble !!! I did a clients hair today I could not find my car keys ANY WEAR I emptied my bag twice outside her house then phoned to see if I'd left them there only to realise that I didn't have my car as I'd walked to hers !!! :Scared:

Good job I can work with my eyes shut !

Hey Hun that's not good, I hate to sound like I no it all but giving a week is not enough really, four weeks at least till you can tell, I do understand it's scary for you feeling so detached.
Can you see the doctor this week maybe xxx

Hey Hun that's not good, I hate to sound like I no it all but giving a week is not enough really, four weeks at least till you can tell, I do understand it's scary for you feeling so detached.
Can you see the doctor this week maybe xxx

I will take your advice and try for longer, it's weird how such a small dose of a drug can make you feel doolally !

I will take your advice and try for longer, it's weird how such a small dose of a drug can make you feel doolally !

I no it's hard! I feel the same on my tablets at the mo and it's been a month, I'm trying to give them longer but it's hard! Mind I'm doolally without them so can't blame them for that ;) xx

Try cutting the tablet in half for a week while you get used to it, then go into the whole tablet.

I had them for nerve pain too 10 mg took them at night , slept like a log , dry mouth no other major symptoms - if anything I lost weight !!! Xx hope u feel better soon 🙏

Has any one had any hair loss? I used to have really thick hair n it's been coming out at the root I have a really dry scalp skin and nails just wondered if anyone else has had anything like this xxx

Has any one had any hair loss? I used to have really thick hair n it's been coming out at the root I have a really dry scalp skin and nails just wondered if anyone else has had anything like this xxx

I can't comment as I'm only just on them but I'm sure someone can. However I can report back that I'm beginning to feel human again ! I'm meant to be upping the dose by another 10 today but going to stick with 10 till next week to give myself a break from feeling loony !

Hi

I have 75mg at night and 25mg in the day as I have fibromyaliga I dont get any side effects apart from a dry mouth but for the benefit it does for me its worth it

Id give it a month as it takes time to get into your system and be effective xx

Latest posts

Back