Ammonia and ethanolamine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannsh

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’ve noticed some formulae “boast” lower ammonia levels, supplemented instead by ethanolamine. Is there really any benefit of reducing ammonia and adding ethanolamine? Would lift be compromised? Condition? Am I missing something by thinking alkalinity is alkalinity, so therefore does it really matter what agent achieves this?

Thoughts appreciated!

Hi All,

I’ve noticed some formulae “boast” lower ammonia levels, supplemented instead by ethanolamine. Is there really any benefit of reducing ammonia and adding ethanolamine? Would lift be compromised? Condition? Am I missing something by thinking alkalinity is alkalinity, so therefore does it really matter what agent achieves this?

Thoughts appreciated!
I was always taught that it's a marketing gimmick, usually the levels of ethanoamine would be a lot higher to get the lift you would get with ammonia.

I was always taught that it's a marketing gimmick, usually the levels of ethanoamine would be a lot higher to get the lift you would get with ammonia.

Thanks Ronray 😊

Latest posts

Back