An easy way to fill your appointment book

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Rose

Reaction score
Here's one way I utilise my current client base to fill a nothing day into a busier one.

I'm generally not a fan on discounting treatments but it does have its place. As long as you have mobile numbers for your clients (and permission to send them info from you) all you need to do is send out a text message offering an incentive for them to book that day or the following day (or whenever you want to fill your gaps).

I did this a while ago when 1 of my therapists had nothing doing, & the other 1 had gaps. The end result was that we generated an extra 12 1/2 hours of extra appointments IN ONE DAY :).

All you need to do is send out a text message from your computer to your clients mobile number and wait for the phone to ring. Costs pennies to do:)

(hIpPy ChIcK will no doubt remember this from another forum)

yes Sarah, and have utilised this. It works!

This sounds good! Whats the website or company that you can send the texts from the computer?x

Hello Joannesnails,

There are a lot of companies offering computer based SMS services. The way I do mine though is through my internet service provider Supanet Homepage, links to 20 Channels of news and information services. You just need to sign up with them and log onto their SMS bit.

Input all your clients name & mobile numbers (boooring ....). Put a message together, them buy some credits.

Once you've bought your credits (which I think are about 5p each) click send to who you want it to go to then just wait for the phone to ring.

i have done this a few times through my aol internet service

great advice and thanks for sharing

What a smart idea, will borrow this one, thank you:hug:

great idea there.
I am going to give it a go - can you give me an idea of how you word your texts/offers
many thanks

lucy

Does this site maintain the privacy of your clients or does it keep their details? :hug:

With Supanet, you log in yourself with your own password and upload your own data. As far as I'm aware details are secure but these are maintained as they would be on any computer client management database.

There are loads of other companies offering SMS services, I'm sure they would be pretty strict about data protection and all that.

lublu, I will PM you with the wording in the next day or so as I'm now off to bed :)

i also do this and its amazing how much work it can generate!

xx

great idea there.
I am going to give it a go - can you give me an idea of how you word your texts/offers
many thanks

lucy

Hi Lucy, have Pm'd you :)

On our client intake form it askes for their email address - and beside it askes if they would like to know of specials...if they put yes, then I email them specials when I have them.

If its really slow like it had been I will make a new one...the one I just did (as in another thread I just posted) facial & pedicure (to promote facials & get my appointment book filled). Anyways, I sent that email out (free advertising too) plus I put it on my facebook page I have for my spa and voila - book filled for the rest of the month!

All FREE - just my time :)

so what else have you done to promote your business? any new tips from anyone appreciated.

walk around to businesses with flyers -

Latest posts

Back