An Explanation Needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
After reading through 11 pages of a thread started by Emma (who originally had CND in the tile - I'll get to that a little later - Emma you're fine don't worry) - I finally got to the end and realised that it doesn't matter that I don't work for Creative Nail Design (I work for The Hyperion Group and represent CND), it doesn't matter that I don't get paid by CND (get paid by THG) - I am always going to be considered Creative. I find this flattering and I am very proud because this is the brand I love and am (for better of worse) the face of CND in the UK.

To my detriment however, whenever I do ANYTHING no matter what, people automatically put the word Creative along side of me when it is NOT always the case. For example, Judy1999 asked why it said 'New Creative Application' in the magazine (it didn't in the PR and it wasn't sent on CND letterhead) - but editors still take it upon themselves to write the word Creative because of the association with me, which is exactly what Emma thought when she started the 11 page thread with the tile including CND (I think this has now been removed??).

Nailzoo writes a post (although from what I have seen from numerous past posts, CND is not his product choice) but never the less his feelings of 'disgust' are toward Creative and yet this new method -app has absolutely nothing to do with Creative Nail Design - NOTHING! It isn't endorsed by them and never anywhere have I said it was and they are certainly not responsible for the manufacture of this product - nor have I ever said they were - you guys have done the speculation yourselves because (I am sure) it has been me that has written about it and it is me involved with the whole PR campaign!

I guess I must be good with the marketing and PR! My aim was to excite you all - get you all jazzed up for not THE NEW WAY of doing nails, BUT A WAY of doing nails. Now I am getting PM's asking if the Creative Foundation classes are changing due to thisnew method???? Our Foundation Courses are used with Creative Nail Design products - this is a method of application and can easily be done on a Conversion or 121 course for any existing certified nail tek.

I have re-vamped our entire Education structure with the whole focus on it being very clear and very simple and including classes that will help teks long term (with some hugely cool incentives) - to make life easier for YOU the teks - the people out there holding the banner for our industry. I sincerely dislike the snide comments I keep reading about 'of course it will make them money ... bla bla boring bla'... all I can say is, your mind is on money a lot more than mine is - my focus is to look after the Creative teks and anyone who wants to join our family along the way. The last two years have been difficult ... the next two we are going to kick some serious ass and you guys can be along for the ride - or not! No one is making anyone do anything - my heart is in the right place - my Ambassadors come first because it is they ... these brilliant teachers that can help you guys become brilliant nail teks using (IMHO) the best products in the world - so yeh, I guess my aims are high, as they damn well should be - I answer to you the professional nail tek, after all!

It has been written that now 'anyone' will be able to do nails and it will put the professionals out of business - NOT TRUE and why make such a sweeping scary remark? There are teks out there who have all sorts of weird and wonderful ways of doing / applying nails - not THE way, but THEIR way! So quit being so damn negative and enjoy this for it is, a new way to apply L+P (and gel) and place it in the right compartment of your service menu or use it on the right client - the one who sweeps in wanting a full set now 'coz she's going away' - you've never seen her before and chances are, you may never again - use the method here 'because that client doesn't care about what you can really do'.

I would have thought that you would all be excited, thrilled to try and to play with something new. I purposely haven't given you the name etc because I wanted to wait until September so we could LAUNCH it to you at the show. That's what companies do - they find something that excites them and that can potentially make them a few pounds (I certainly won't apologise for that just as I don't expect you guys to apologise for charging £40 a full set when we all know what it really costs in terms of product to do one). Everyone has a role to play and that's what keeps the wheels of industry oiled and turning.

By August 1st, the new Education Folios (yes you heard there are two), the PTE (will explain what that stands for later) - every education hand out (and I mean EVERY), about 10 new classes, new kits and certain new products - we'll be ready to rock and roll for September. I have worked 16 hr days because I am so passionate about this program. By August 10th our Ambassadors will know everything and by the show (all being well)... we will have a major stimulating program that is specifically aimed at helping and being there for you, the professional nail technician.

I have so much more that I want to say but I just can't right now. So please, enjoy the teasing, it's supposed to be fun, not a blood bath of 'selling out' and 'everything that has gone before comes to an end'.

Why?, when the method of application isn't a Creative product, would it suddenly effect our Creative Education and our ways of beautiful application? Our Education program is the area that I am most proud of; the amazing job that Samuel Sweet did allowed me to easily step back in and easily take it to another level. The NEW Creative is on its way and when I get back from the HUGE conference they are having in Las Vegas I will be ready!

Have a lovely rest of the weekend!
Samantha

PS: Since I don't get on here anything like I used to, please PM if you need to - I do keep checking in but the education update has taken priority/precedence over anything else - it's not that I don't care - I just don't have enough hours and the ones I have at home should be for my boys! :!::hug:

Thanks for clarifying Samantha, enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

Sorry.................can you run that by me again? LOL. Only kidding Samantha. I don't do nails anymore so I haven't got a Scooby what that's all about but it's lovely to read ya.

xxxxxxxxxx

Well said, hija!! Who doesn't need a little excitement in their work??

Whenever I read the trade magazines I think to myself, "nothings changed since I 'retired' !! Same old same old. This is the first thing that has excited me for a long long while in business. I can see huge advantages to many. I love it and have had so much fun learning how to do it. AND, my little loves, the results can be stunning ... always even better when a good technician does it!! So there will still be those who are great at it and those who may not be so great ... it all depends on the technician as always, to put the magic into the finished product.

There is not one nail technician that I have showed this method to who has not gone ... WOW! How cool is THAT and I have showed it to some of the very best. So approach with an open mind and enjoy. xx

I have a very open mind , and I can't wait !
thankyou samantha for clearing everything up,:hug:

(it is veeeerrryyy hard being patient though y'know :eek:)

Phew, Samantha! Are you out of breath?

It is quite amazing that so many people got hung up on 'how much?'! Nevermind its value etc.

Why should any trained and skilled technician need to relearn anything?? Update some skills maybe but relearn???!!! Are so many people that insecure that anything slightly new gives so much cause for concern.

I think I can guess what it is and the biggest positive in my opinion is that it could give our clients what so many of them need, i.e. time. Many more women would have enhancements if they didn't take so long.

If it is what I think it is there is no short cut in understanding and anyone that thinks there is are kidding themselves. Short cut understanding of what you're doing and characteristics of every clients nails, you do so at your 'peril'!

To my mind and experience, speeding up any service without compromising quality is just responding to consumer demands

Thank you Samantha for your explanation :hug: and I would like to apologise publically if I have upset anyone at all with my posts - I always try to be diplomatic but even I get things wrong sometimes :wink2:

I will quite happily wait for the announcement/revealing of the new product and be quietly excited as I normally am :lol:

Thank you again for your thread

Deb xx

It all sounds very exciting but can you sell it? Probably , good luck not that you will need it x :)

To my detriment however, whenever I do ANYTHING no matter what, people automatically put the word Creative along side of me when it is NOT always the case. For example, Judy1999 asked why it said 'New Creative Application' in the magazine (it didn't in the PR and it wasn't sent on CND letterhead) - but editors still take it upon themselves to write the word Creative because of the association with me, which is exactly what Emma thought when she started the 11 page thread with the tile including CND (I think this has now been removed??).

Yes it all makes sense now thanks Samantha.
Show us a pic of a nail done with this new system..please...go on...you know you want to:):hug:

Yes it all makes sense now thanks Samantha.
Show us a pic of a nail done with this new system..please...go on...you know you want to:):hug:

All in good time!!! :green:

Thanks for that heartfelt info Samantha, you work so hard what with the children and everything.....I know what it's like working all thehours and still having the little ones and the houseto take care of.

I'm in business to make money, you and yours have been really successful and that's where I aim to be...well maybe on a smaller scale but yes I won't deny it, I'm in this game to earn myself a decent wage....and get my 57 Mondeo Titanium lol!

Thanks for the info Samantha,

I did read the other thread but I didn't post.
Me personally, I can't wait to see this new application method.

I take 11/2 to 2hrs doing a full set but some clients are in such a rush, if it helps me accomodate these clients and still produce fab nails, all the better.:)

I am one of the lucky ones that has seen a quick demo of this application by one of the many talented creative ambassadors,
it is a fab idea,
i have one client that i cant wait to use it on, this lady is pregnant and every time i do her nails when it comes to refining to finish the nails off it sends her all squeamish (some thing to do with the pregnancy) i only spend about 10 Min's at the most finishing her nails off but i just know this other way to apply a set will be just perfect for her
i am very exited and cant wait for it to be launched.

I am one of the lucky ones that has seen a quick demo of this application by one of the many talented creative ambassadors,
it is a fab idea,
i have one client that i cant wait to use it on, this lady is pregnant and every time i do her nails when it comes to refining to finish the nails off it sends her all squeamish (some thing to do with the pregnancy) i only spend about 10 Min's at the most finishing her nails off but i just know this other way to apply a set will be just perfect for her
i am very exited and cant wait for it to be launched.

Post a pic of the nails mate when you can so we can have a sneaky peep:)

it is a fab idea,
i am very exited and cant wait for it to be launched.[/quote

Post a pic of the nails mate when you can so we can have a sneaky peep:)
I have only seen a demo, i will have to wait for it to be launched just like everyone else before i can get my eager little hands on it lol,
but i will be buying or taking the class how ever it is going to be done ASAP
so as soon as i have it and have done a set i will gladly show pics, if i remember i will take pics stage by stage then every one gets an idea of how it is done :hug:

My word Samantha that was an essay and a half huni..........but much needed I think..... Now everybody knows whats what and what is to become hot.....
Everytime something new is launched there willl always be a sense of caution even negativity attached to it.....I bet Mr Marconi faced the same when he launched his wireless and all those Grammaphone record companies thought , thats it it will never catch on and if it does, thats it recording studios will be a thing of the past......Yea right , records are still being produced and then played, hey ho on the radio, both can live nicely along side of each other ....... So I am sure this new and exiting Hyperion launch will also just do that, fit in and find a place in the industry.
Everything has a place and there is a place for everything, specially if that place hasn't been filled by something new and exiting...........
So lets all wait and see what is baking and then taste the cake........ only then can we know if this cake is really for us or not xxxx
Looking forward to the launch, I love new and exiting things and thinking outside the box is the way forward .........

i cant understand why so many geeks have had negative thoughts on this, as when i first read the thread about "new application" - i wasnt alarmed by it like some others. i think there has been alot of negativity over this, but if geeks actually read the original thread properly, they would have seen that it was clearly stated that it was ANOTHER way of applying nails. NOT REPLACING

im waiting for the lauch of this, and then will probs do a course for it (as you do)

I also think it would be a good idea for Hyperion (once its lauched) to maybe do a free workshop, so that we can have a quick play, then decided whether we would want to go on to do the course.

i actually think that applying a set of nails in 30 mins is a fab idea (for the woman on a lunchtime rush).

im not usually the most patient person, but ill wait for this. then decide whether i will use it or not.

I'll be honest - at first i was a bit negative about it - thinking 'oh great' I've just got to grips/confident with doing nails the way i were taught, now its changing - typical' and yes I was thinking 'if its going to be so easy then anyone will be able to do it'. (I think it was the inverted mould thing that spurred my thoughts along those lines)

BUT reading more into it has changed my opinion, we don't know what the new method is, so why speculate till we know for sure? Now, viewing it from a different persepective, (the positive rather then the negative) I'm quite intrigued and looking forward to seeing it, - I have an eldery client for enhancements who can't sit for too long - this application method would be ideal for her....and it got me thinking - how many sets can I do in my lunch-hour? a quick set before someone goes on holiday? a quick set before a night out? I can definately see it having its place on my price list. (providing I am aable to do it proficienty!) :wink2:

IF nothining else it'll prob get loads more of us to the exhibitions in Sept/Oct just to satisfy our curiosity!
Thanks for the clarifications Samantha

xx

Latest posts

Back