and now for the £60 fine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybird21

Reaction score
poo got caught by speed camera! 3 points and a £60 fine! only weird thing is though, it was a camera that is on the other side of the road, therefore shouldn't have picked on me, there are no road makings, and there were two cars infront of me doin the same speed and one right up me arse of course doin the same speed.

Now the way i beleive it to be, may be sooo wrong though, is that if there are no road markings then you can't get a ticket, also it's on the aproach to a round about and i know there was no way in hell i was doing 59 mph (im mad, not crazy!) also it was a dothering old bloke infront of, and i was getting really peeved off at how slow he was going. although this all sounds like excusses, i think it caught someone on the other side of the road but i was in the pictue too. i don't mind points and a fine if i do the crime, but when i know i was doing 30 in a 40 it's a whole different storey.

does anyone else know anything about the rules, and if i have a leg to stand on because there were no road markings?

Also to really stick the nail in the coffin we have car problems. my husband is realloy into doin up cars, we have the new shape zetec fiesta, done up to the eye balls. we just paid a grand and did a round trip to wakefield (leeds) from gillingham in kent, to have a front and rear brake conversion. so we've got performance disks and callipers. look really smart, but expensive. we could hear a clicking noise, we phoned the bloke who fitted them and he said we did tell you about the noise but it went away. this is untrue he said nothing. my husband is a member of the ukfiestanetwork, and posted a topic about how annoyed he was (specially as we were told it was £750 all in) and the bloke came back at him guns blazing, saying what the different problems could be, and that he would send out a new rear set, as what did he expect the rear ones are used parts! we were never told at £1000 we were buying used parts! we were buying new as far as we knew! simon has just taken them to a garage his uncle owns, and apparently they are all used, and the two rear brake disks are buckled, and were lucky we haven't had an accident.

this man makes my blood boil! I don't mind my husband spending money on his car (because he shows it) but i refuse to let someone con him and nearly kill him! he also told us when we booked that it would take 1 hour, it took 4. when he phoned us to pick up the car (coz we had taken our son, we took him to this lake place, it was the someting damn), we arrieved 15 mins after he phoned, the car was parked up, it had rained an hour before, all the ground was wet, apat from the area under the car, so he clearly conned us out of more money, by finishing a lot earlier than he said and we paid for!

Oh it makes me SO MAD sorry to go on and on and on, but really had to vent! If anyone else is into, or their other half is into cars, and has a ford, and might upgrade the brakes, pm me and i will tell you who this person is so you can avoid him. obv, i'm not going to give him a public slating! Although i should!!!!! He nearly killed my baby!

poastie just arrived, my chanel glasses i won on e-bay arrived! They are soo sexy, making me feel slightly better, but still mad!

Oh Sarah...what bad luck with the speeding ticket! I'd definitely query that.... there has to be road markings for them to calculate how fast you were going!!

As for your car...isn't there a motor trade association (or trading standards) you can go to so that you can lodge a complaint against this trader....?

crystal100 said:
Oh Sarah...what bad luck with the speeding ticket! I'd definitely query that.... there has to be road markings for them to calculate how fast you were going!!

As for your car...isn't there a motor trade association (or trading standards) you can go to so that you can lodge a complaint against this trader....?
i think so, we willbe complaining.

my husband just called infact, the garage won't let him leave, as they are just about to shatter, so not only are they second hand they are faulty, dangerous goods!

luckybird21 said:
does anyone else know anything about the rules, and if i have a leg to stand on because there were no road markings?

I don't know if it will help, but you could try checking out Speed-Trap Check because it seems really odd that there are no road markings and you are talking about a camera on the other side of the road?!

Hollyballoo said:
I don't know if it will help, but you could try checking out http://www.speed-trap.co.uk/Accused_Home/Accused_Home.htm because it seems really odd that there are no road markings and you are talking about a camera on the other side of the road?!
thanks for advice, tried to go on website, but it kept saying page not found. must be something wrong with my computer!

luckybird21 said:
thanks for advice, tried to go on website, but it kept saying page not found. must be something wrong with my computer!
Have another try....just updated the link.....

Hollyballoo said:
Have another try....just updated the link.....
still says cannot find server.
oh poo!

oh hun i think you should change your name to unlucky bird ;) , i bet you are well p!"$^%& off , i think you should go have a drink and try relax , and then go to leeds and strangle this guy,

feel tempted to do more than stangle him! Just found out from hubby that this sort of thing has happened to 20 more people. can anyone else hear trading standards calling?

luckybird21 said:
feel tempted to do more than stangle him! Just found out from hubby that this sort of thing has happened to 20 more people. can anyone else hear trading standards calling?

Hey your not alone. I got caught on the way back from the OSNS in Leeds on the ring road apparently I was doing 35 in a 30 zone and it cost me £60 and 3 points :o I am so so mad I have did see any signs or the bloody camera for that matter!

But what can you do I broke the speed limit so its tough luck to me.

I think your hubby should get on onto them straight away...that's an awfull situation...maybe he will get his money back and stop this rogue from trading!

Fab Freak said:
I think your hubby should get on onto them straight away...that's an awfull situation...maybe he will get his money back and stop this rogue from trading!
our mechanic got in touch with him as he said he would pay all the costs we have incurred, the mechanic cost £200, he had to do a lot of work, he will only pay £100, he said the mechanic is having a laugh, its £40 an hour. and hey if he's gotta sort out his problems, hes gotta pay! you don't break a plate in a shop from a set and say hey, you can't sell the set, but ill pay for the one plate!

yes i know i shouldn't speed, it was a dual carrige way, and a long wide nothing either side of you kinda road so you do kinda get carried away, and i was keeping up with flow of traffic.

i have however learnt today that not only can i dispute it because there were no road markings or signs, but also because it is down hill, and thur was the day we started to have problems with the brakes, therefore the brakes were not working as effectivley as they should have done.

i know i should just ake it, but i really don't wanna have 3 points, and i don't normally speed.

Latest posts

Back