Android App to add sparkle to rockstar photos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankie91

Reaction score
Hello I have been reading that people on here use an app called kirakira to enhance the sparkle on glitter rockstar nails, however this isn't available on android.

Are there any other apps available on android to do this?
Thank you!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Yes I'd like to know too??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hmm, I'd be interested too. I have been reading up on my camera on my S3 to see if there are any modes for enhancing or even capturing the glitter, but I'm not seeing it so far.

And me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think it is available because I have it. I saw the other thread too and its KiraKira photo.

Have a look on the app store you have.

HTH

Hmm, I'd be interested too. I have been reading up on my camera on my S3 to see if there are any modes for enhancing or even capturing the glitter, but I'm not seeing it so far.

I also read about that app but could only find one app that said kirakira and the reviews were awful so haven't bothered.

On the S3, there is a beauty setting. I find the glitter picks up better using this. Still isn't brilliant but better xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I found that setting the other night and took a photo of my glitter fade, but when I read about 'beauty' last night it described it more like smoothing over imperfections (great for my skin right now!).

Here is the pic I took with beauty, but I was in a venue that had the right lighting to make them sparkly.

537659_283466845089727_511969050_n.jpg

I think it is available because I have it. I saw the other thread too and its KiraKira photo.

Have a look on the app store you have.

HTH

Is it kirakira photo studio by small-lamp.corp?

Did you eventually get it??? Didn't know u replied, sorry!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek

I manage to capture the sparkle and get a really crisp shot by following these steps, on my Samsung galaxy phone:

Change the focus setting on camera to 'macro' (looks like a little flower icon)

Switch the flash on

Go to a dark room and switch the lights out

Put the camera very close to the hand you want to photograph (about 2 inches above it)

Snap!

I always get a crisp, twinkly photo doing that.

There's an app called "more Noel" which enhances sparkly bits, not sure if its available on android as I'm an iPhone user.. Nor have I tested it out to see how well it works with rockstar nails, so may well be rubbish, it's free though.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

I manage to capture the sparkle and get a really crisp shot by following these steps, on my Samsung galaxy phone:

Change the focus setting on camera to 'macro' (looks like a little flower icon)

Switch the flash on

Go to a dark room and switch the lights out

Put the camera very close to the hand you want to photograph (about 2 inches above it)

Snap!

I always get a crisp, twinkly photo doing that.

Not sure my clients would be that obliging!:wink2:

I will try this on my own nails though.

Not sure my clients would be that obliging!:wink2:

I will try this on my own nails though.
Haha, nicole333! No, thats true. I tend to save the creepy 'darkened room' photos for my own nails, and obliging family n friends! Lucky them....

There's an app called "more Noel" which enhances sparkly bits, not sure if its available on android as I'm an iPhone user.. Nor have I tested it out to see how well it works with rockstar nails, so may well be rubbish, it's free though.

I just tried this and it's not great, just adds starbursts :(
The iPhone is a bit poop for sparkle! I wish a better (free) app would appear! X

I just tried this whilst in bed and it really does work! Though the comment re the client aspect is something I didn't automatically think of either!!

I end up raking so many photos before I get a good one I'm thinking it might be time to charge my digital camera and stop relying on my phone camera as it causes me much anger lol.

Good lighting is always key though - I tend to use the light from my lamp to help take a better photo x

Latest posts

Back