Angel love gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lz43my

Reaction score
Hello I am new to the group. Can anyone tell me about the Angel love gel? I got a kit in and tried them on myself and they burn like _______ they are good gels .

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Here is a thread that will answer some of your questions.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/40531-why-they-burning.html

If you do a search in the Nail forums, you will find alot of posts about the burning sensation as this has been discussed quite alot.

I have never heard of angel love gels.

It makes a great nail ,very strong. You do not have to remove the stickey coat or tap off the ends.But I well never put this on a client because of the burn. I have used alot of differnet gels and none have never burned like this.

My name is Linda, I live in Mississippi and have just finish school about 5 weeks ago. Take my test on the 13

Did you read thru some of the old threads about why it could be burning?

The thread that I posted for you is a very informative one and will answer you questions.

Good luck on your test on June 13th.

Hello I am new to the group. Can anyone tell me about the Angel love gel? I got a kit in and tried them on myself and they burn like _______ they are good gels .
Are you using the UV lamp that's recommended for the gel system?
Are you applying the gel too thickly?
Do you have thin nails?

I'm wondering if it's because you have just finished your training (over-filing of the nailplate whilst learning etc)

Have a look at this article, it might help a bit... http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html

Is Angel Love gel new?:eek:

I have seen this on a video online and the woman using the gels was using the correct lamp and said that she never puts their hands under straight away, you have to flash cure them. Seems odd to me but this was on the Angel Love site.

Rachel

I use Angel Love nails for a number of reasons. Mainly because there is NO dispersion layer, that is, you dont have to wipe off the sticky residue. They are strong and look fabulous. The best thing for me is that I can mix whatever colour I want for coloured gels or mix 2 or more colour powders together to get unique colours.

As to the burning - I would very strongly suggest that you go and view the instructional videos that are on the Angel Love nail web site. Not only are they very informative but Shannon explains a lot about why the gels are used as she does, how to minimise the burning sensation etc. There is a section below the videos that is titled PRINCIPLES WHEN USING ANGEL LOVE PRODUCTS. Before I started to use the Angel Love gels, I look at the videos several times because each time I picked up something different that I missed previously and to ensure I had the technique down.

I have used the Angel Love nails for about 2 years now and love them. There are mainly only 2 gels used - the base and the builder gel to which you can add the colour powder to make a coloured gel. I do not use their lamp at the moment, although when mine finally gives out, I will buy. I have no problems using it.

Sorry, long way around to the question, but on the video, she shows you how to 'Flash Cure'. She 'flashes' the finger in the light for no more than a second and then sits the finger on top of the light for about 5 seconds. You will feel a little bit of heat. You continue doing this until the heat is not as much and you can leave the finger in the light for longer. Another way to do this is to hold your finger just outside the light and you will feel the spiking but it will not be too bad. Basically it is all trial and error as to how far away you hold the finger and for how long etc.

Please do yourself a favour and go and view the videos. They are a very good tool. Also, check out the web site for as much information as possible. The web site is 'www.alnails.com'

All the best with it and I know you will love using the gel. Like anything, it all takes practice and the more practice you have the better your techique and the better you will feel about using the gel. Good Luck.
Chrissy, Brisbane, Australia :)

Hello anyone using this product currently? I'm very interested because of it being Organic!
Thanks

Latest posts

Back