Angry client over flare eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rj191

Reaction score
Hi all, did a set of flare eyelashes using the Ardell adhesive glue from sallys. I did them last friday. The client has messaged me today saying they are swollen and ranting and raving about it slating me on fb as i didnt do a patch test. I didnt know a patch test was needed with this glue for flare eyelashes?! Really upset me i feel awful, but it was a week ago i did them and i've never had any problems before! 😢 xxx

Hi all, did a set of flare eyelashes using the Ardell adhesive glue from sallys. I did them last friday. The client has messaged me today saying they are swollen and ranting and raving about it slating me on fb as i didnt do a patch test. I didnt know a patch test was needed with this glue for flare eyelashes?! Really upset me i feel awful, but it was a week ago i did them and i've never had any problems before! 😢 xxx

An allergy test should always be carried out when applying cluster lashes, were you not taught this at college? Only strip lashes do not require an allergy test because they can be applied at home.

This is quite tricky really , i do not patch test for party (flare) lashes, simply because there is no product touching the skin. Have you tried ringing her and asking her to come back so you can remove them. Apart from that there really is not a lot you can do. Do not get into a slanging match on f/b with her, but i would def ring her and try to resolve the problem, with the main priority of removing them safely. x

No i was not told i need to do a patch test for flare lashes. Plus, not sure why her eyes have flared up now and not in the first 48 hrs? She said she has removed them herself now, i havent said anything on her fb, but i have apologised and asked her if she wanted me to take a look at them etc, no reply. I'm so shocked as never done a patch test for flare lashes as i thought it was just individual lashes! So upset x

I was taught the same no products on skin so no patch test . A week layer sounds odd though .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Same i dont do patch tests for cluster, express or individual!

Sent from my LG-D855 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you put a lot of lashes on her or use to much glue maybe, she may have even been putting loads of mascara on them , who knows but without seeing them there is not a lot you can do. Probably best to put this down to experience, if she wont come back there is nothing more you can do. What does the instructions say on the ardell adhesive ? if it recommends patch testing then best to start doing so. xx

My insurance States all tinting & lash treatments need an allergy test - this is what I was taught at college 17 yrs ago. The glue may not be touching the ski but it's near the eye 😳

Let's go lashes also say they don't need a patch test as the glue isn't touching their skin but when I do semi permanents I do even tho again the glue doesn't touch the skin. I know it's a stronger glue but like you say it's near the eyes. So why do they say not to?

Let's go lashes also say they don't need a patch test as the glue isn't touching their skin but when I do semi permanents I do even tho again the glue doesn't touch the skin. I know it's a stronger glue but like you say it's near the eyes. So why do they say not to?

I can't comment on lets go lashes as I'm not trained in that brand - maybe their glue has different ingredients - but I'm interested in this because the amount of lashes I have to turn down because of allergy testing is silly!

Either way it's strange that it was only a week later. I'd say don't worry about it lesson learnt just to a test from now on just incase that way no one can put it down as your fault, even though probably isn't as if she was allergic it woulda happened in the first 48 hours as you said.( I think it would anyway) so don't worry too much x

Thank you all. I've calmed down now i was so upset about it! We'll see what comes of it, thanks for the advice ladies xxx

Allergic reactions can develop up to 10 days after exposure. Most people see reactions quite quickly but this isn't always the case.
Prior to a 'full blown' allergic reaction the body lays down 'markers' (early warning signs) when it comes into contact with the 'irritants'. These can be very slight and so people frequently ignore them and don't associate it to an allergy. At some point the body will develop the full blown reaction.

Apologies to all medics for my non-medics explanation!

Last edited:
I was taught that we don't do patch tests because the adhesive used (at least for my lashes) should not touch the skin. That being said, if someone has never had extensions, you can ask them if they'd like you to put 3 lashes per eye to see if they feel any itchiness, etc. Wait 24 hours, have them come back, and put on a whole set.

Latest posts

Back