Animal testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

debbie

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me wether creative products are tested on animals, I did a search for this but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Debbie

Nope. I dont know of any pro nail company that does. ;)

Oh thank god for that. My daughter is in the process of finding out which companies test on animals and I have to say I was shocked to find who still test on animals.

So I am now in the process of looking for different brand loo roll, toothpaste, cleaner, pet food, well just about everything really.

Glad about creative, another reason to love them :D

Debbie

thats always good to hear :D

its really hard to keep from animal tested products

i think there is only 1 pure toothpaste brand, starts with W. a really strange brand ive never ever heard of!

I have very strong feelings about environmental and ethical issues. There are many brands to choose from which are cruelty free - such as (toothpaste) Vicco, Kingfisher, Tom's of Maine, Sarakan, Urtekram (toilet paper) many of the recycled ones, Suma, Naturelle (cleaning products) Ecover, Eco Lino, Clear Spring, Bio-D.
They are better for the environment, better for you and better for animals!
Try going to an independant health food shop near you (not a big chain like Holland and Barret which are rubbish)
Try
Faith in Nature (makes Clear Spring) 0161 7642555
Ecover www.ecover.com 01635 574553

I use these to wash and condition all my therapy towels, clean surfaces, floors and wash up both at home and for my therapies

Cosmetics
www.lush.com

Tampons and sanitary towels
Natracare www.natracare.com

Urtekram www.urtekram.dk
Tom's of Maine www.tomsofmaine.com
Sarakan 01420 544424

Hope this helps!
If you have any questions at all, about what they are like or whatever, please ask, and i will be very happy to help :biggrin:

how about make up? i know that lipstick has crushed up bugs in it.

i have a friend who does all kinds of animal rights stuff. the dude is insane, its all he does! hes 40 and lives at home, because this is all he does! lol. but he told me that theres only 1 truly pure toothpaste

of course, i am in the US so maybe we have different products here

Wow, thats really helpful Yogacat. I use lush products regulary, I think they're great. The more I look into this, the more disgusted I am at some of the awful things that go on, but this isn't the time or place for that.

Thanks again for that info.

Debbie

fluffho said:
how about make up? i know that lipstick has crushed up bugs in it.

i have a friend who does all kinds of animal rights stuff. the dude is insane, its all he does! hes 40 and lives at home, because this is all he does! lol. but he told me that theres only 1 truly pure toothpaste

of course, i am in the US so maybe we have different products here

Um, well, Lush are available in the US...
There aren't that many actual make-up brands that i know of that are definitely cruelty free and environmentally friendly.
You could try Aveda, Amika, the Body Shop, Beauty without Cruelty (BWC)

I'm not really sure that i'd agree that there's only 1 pure toothpaste! You could try Tom's of Maine, cos they're obviously American.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back