Anita Rodd!ck

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to start a thread with thoughts and tributes for Anita Rod**** who sadly passed away today.
As most people will know she was started The Body Shop and was a fantastic woman who changed the views of so many.
As a child, I suffered with an eating disorder and as I was beginning to recover from it i remember reading some of her literiture on how beauty is on the inside and it had pics of everyday woman - not the supermodels that I was always faced with in mags etc. It was warming to read, especially with what I was going through at the time.
Although i think of the body shop as soon as i hear her name, there are so many great things that she did such as fair trade, campaining against animal testing etc.
She really is a true legend, and a genuine person who will be sadly missed...
My thoughts go out to all her family and all who knew her...

i dont believe it! Ive posted this and anita's surname has been edited!:eek:

her surname will be because of the word it is its automatic i think,
I didn't know she had passed away,
hugs to her family and all that knew her,
she truly was a star:hug:

And long will her memory and work live on x

I saw this on sky news...very sad. She was an amazing woman. xx

Thats awfull news I only saw her on Dr Dr the other week she was saying that she had hep C
Ruby

A big loss.. :cry:

she was a real inspiration, very sad news indeed xx

Wit working for anita at the body shop and having met her i can say she was a lovely woman and always had storys from her travels that would make you gasp when she told you what she had endured to find the purest products.

She and her daughter where nearly captured by gorilla terrorist once in the rain forest

She was one of my heros and i wil never forget her

God bless you Anita and your lovely family xxx

Why not change it to Anita/Bodyshop

So sad to hear that she has passed away...............she did so much good. xx

i saw it too and nearly fell over with shock , its a terrible loss x

It's an automatic edit, it happens when certain words are considered to be expletives, I've edited the "i" with a "!" in the thread title so it reads a bit better :wink2:

She was such an amazing person and will be greatly missed :hug:

Gosh what a shock. I see her as one of those pioneers that led women into the 20th century and able to really make a success of a business on their own - real girl power. An inpiration to many.

I have to agree with Sassy ....I was once asked in an interview who I most admired. and why..I said Anita as I knew she had young children, and her background was similar to mine. She strove for success, giving people what they wanted and juggled the family commitments too. I at the time of the interview had small children, and was in a similar situations so she was an inspiration to me......No wonder she was made a DAME

Awful news :cry: A truly inspirational lady

I didn't know she had passed away until I read this thread. She was a fantastic person (and still is wherever she may be now) and this world has certainly lost a great person. I'm sure she'll be greatly missed.

I too met Anita Rodd!ck once when I was on a TV show with her....
she did some amazing things in her life and was passionate about many causes... plus a successful business woman...something we can all aspire to be. Such a shame... xxxx

Gosh what a shock. I see her as one of those pioneers that led women into the 20th century and able to really make a success of a business on their own - real girl power. An inpiration to many.

My thoughts exactly sass.
What an inspirational woman for any females out there... she gave us the strength to be who we wanted to be and go for it
A great loss
Thoughts & prayers to her family
Jen xx

Hiya all!
I couldnt beileve my ears when i heard this on GMTV this morning :cry:

I cant beileve that such an inspirational and admirable women has been taken from us. I also worked at The Body Shop for a few years and was lucky enough to have met her once.

My thoughts are with her family and friends :hug:.

Latest posts

Back