Anothe Stone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lindag said:
Each week (lets say every Friday) weigh your selves and if you lost any weight in that week, post it on this thread, Not only will it lift that geeks spirits, we will know that we are not alone and it might even encourage other geeks that are struggling with their weight.
I'm glad to hear that everyones up for Fridays weigh in, I have realised that the weekend is where I pig out on ****ty foods, I didn't do great this weekend but i did do a lot better, I went to the gym on Saturday and am going again tonight, I will try and go a min of 3 times a week, cutting out bread, red meat and junk food and eating more fish and chicken I should b on my way to a slimmer me!

I'm due to get weighed tonite at slimming world, wish me luck. I will let you all know how it goes. Did have a big Sunday lunch so not holding out much hope.....:sad:

Hi,

can i join in too please,
i already go to slimming world weigh in on wednesdays and have lost 2 stone and am losing a bit of motivation for the last half stone, especially as i have a very sweet tooth.

any chance i could be pm'd the egg custard recipe please.

good luck to you all and remember

'Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels'

Can someone give me some details on slimming world please

I'm sorry, not beign english i can't understand the meaning of "a stone", even thow i know it is a weight mesure i not sure to how much... Can you help me?
By the way, i just weighted myself i was 70kg (154lbs) last thursday and today i already lost 3kg (7lbs). Yes!! :D

1 stone = 14 lbs
so you have lost 1/2 a stone , nice one babe xxxx

Hey guys had my weigh in last night and was so happy as lost 3lb!!

I had stayed the sam ethe last two weeks,( i think because of that time of the month...) But despite getting a bit despondant, kept with it, had abig sunday lunch as well but as good rest of the week it obviously done the trick.

So i got my half stone award as now lost 7lb in six weeks, and got slimmer of the week. So guys if i can do it, you all can, when you least expect it the weight comes off.

Hi, Lindag,

if you log on with www.slimmingworld.co.uk you can look at their site and get recipe ideas, a few slimming stories and you'll be able to find out your nearest meeting if interested in joining.

Have to say i've tried: weight watchers, Rosemary Conley and slimming world and found the last one to be the best. You can eat so much food, no weighing or calorie counting and i have to say i'm never hungry.

hope this helps.

Hi Lindag!

Ok, 3 years ago I lost 5 stone and this is how I did it.... WW and Slimming world etc just didn't work for me, it just seemed like too much hard work and having to think about food all the time so I developed the 'JO DIET', all proceeds went into my pocket and not an organisation, briefly the 'JO DIET' comprised of me eating exactly half of whatever I would normally eat, i.e. if I had a pizaa, I would half it, a curry, half it etc... then I turned the half I did eat into a healthy option of the same thing, i.e. a diet coke intead of a coke, a healthy options pizza instead of a Pizza Express, a low fat yoghurt instead of muller rice! I wasn't hungry, I didn't feel deprived and the weight dropped off and stayed off, I still had my couple of glasses of wine of an evening but added soda water to make it last longer. I'm off work at the moment waiting for an op and am eating like it was going out of fashion but I know I have my 'JO DIET' to fall back on when I'm ready. Give it a try and I bet within a week you won't look back! xx

Hi girls,

My other half did the South Beach Diet earlier this year, lost a stone in 4 weeks and hasn't put it back on.

It's tough, the first 'stage' is very restrictive so you need to be careful if you have other health problems and you need willpower but within a few days the cravings for sweet stuff go and it gets easier.

This is not only designed as a weight loss plan but also it is designed to retrain your body to stop sugar/sweet cravings long term.

I wasn't doing it with him - only having the same evening meal (which meant no Carbs for stage 1) and I lost 5 lbs without even trying (had to put it back on though as underweight as it is!).

I'm kind of lucky as I'm thin anyway BUT it doesn't come naturally - my way of preventing putting on weight is not to buy all those nice goodies. I don't buy sweets, cakes, crisps, chocolate, pastry etc. etc. If I don't have them in the house I can't eat them!!!

The other thing I do is check fat content. Those labels on food recommend x calories and xg of fat per day, I worked this out to be 3g fat per 100KCals. Then if you eat less calories per day you will still be sticking to the right % fat intake. I try to stick to this as much as possible (check your 'Low fat' shop sarnie and you'll be amazed how many don't apply to this principle!!).
By doing the above my weight stays stable and so when I do pig out or go out for a meal I can have what I want and enjoy it.

Sorry it's a bit long, HTH and good luck all with weight loss!

B x

Well im going to apologise now in advance to friday i have eaten nothing but chocolate all day today, i have got a stinking cold and feeling very sh**ty (sorry) so pigged out majorly and feeling very fat, i really will have to pull myself together though its a shame we didnt all live near each other and do an aerobics class or something, i really need to motivate myself but dint know how, even though i think god must do some sit ups 2nite but never do lol x

Hi, Kells, know what you mean about motivation. I've now caught my daughters cold and feel really sh##y so normally would just pig out. I have resisted but have been fancying a bueno bar for about 4 days now......they are so nice.

Wends, the chocolate today ive eaten consists of fruit & nut normal size bar, double decker then came home and went out bought a big bottle of smirnoff ice which i dont normally drink anyway with the king sized bar of fruit & nut and scoffed all of that and just finished the bottle of smirnoff ice im feeling really bad today lol!!!

I so wanna be bad, but need to lose about another stone before i can relax, so don't want to go too mad...:sad:

Motivation, darlings, motivation!! Get your arses down that gym!!! The more you comfort eat the more you'll be depressed the more you'll eat - vicious circle. I agree with Bryony: keep an eye on it and generally you can then eat what you want when you go out for meals etc.

Kellyc said:
Wends, the chocolate today ive eaten consists of fruit & nut normal size bar, double decker then came home and went out bought a big bottle of smirnoff ice which i dont normally drink anyway with the king sized bar of fruit & nut and scoffed all of that and just finished the bottle of smirnoff ice im feeling really bad today lol!!!
Blimey Kells i just read this: good effort love!!!!!!!!!! When you go for it you really do dont you?? Dont know about having a cold, that would be me in a major PMS mode!!!

Hi Folks,

It's Friday, Iv'e been waiting since weigh in on wednesday to tell you all, i lost 2 pounds this week!!!

keep up the good work all
hugs

graffspider said:
Hi Folks,

It's Friday, Iv'e been waiting since weigh in on wednesday to tell you all, i lost 2 pounds this week!!!

keep up the good work all
hugs
Thats great how did ever one else do.

I was not going to weigh my self because of the robbery and all the comfort eating but I stayed the same so I am quite pleased with my self as I havenet been very good this week. But I am off Carb and sweet things and starting to exercise so fingers crossed.

Does anyone know if wraps are carbs as I think I will eat them instead of bread

i kave no idea wot i am coz i didnt go to weigh in last night , so i will have to wait till next week to find out

Latest posts

Back