Anothe Stone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost 1lb this week which i was pleased with as put 2 on last week due to "the time of the month" yuk! Well i suppose it takes time, i just get such bad choccie cravings then as well.

I'm not sure wether i will lose next week as its my anniversay saturday but going out for meal on Friday as hubby's working, then i have a meal out on saturday for a hen night at the Chichester, so i'm afraid the diet will be on hold.

Hi Wends, thats the thing i find good about weightwatchers because its based on points i can still eat out without worrying but just now know what to eat and how much etc ive done really well the last two days and am eating out saturday nite but know i will stick within what i can eat and have a glass of wine wa hey! x x

Well girls I havent posted in this thread for a while because I have been so dissapointed the 6lbs are back on, I when I weighted my self that tuesday and notice I lost a total of six since I started the diet I was over the moon :)o maybe if i didnt shout it from the roof tops it would be still off) then I weight my self on the Friday and I had put on 7lbs - I dont think it is even possible to put on 1/2 a stone on three days so I think my scales are f**ked, So I bought new batteried for my scales and started again on monday but this time I decied to do a calorie count i.e count everything in calories what it going into my body, its hard as I have to write everything do to make sure I am not going over my calories i need to loose weight.

Hopefully it will work, but its also that time so I just wont know until next week

lindag said:
Well girls I havent posted in this thread for a while because I have been so dissapointed the 6lbs are back on, I when I weighted my self that tuesday and notice I lost a total of six since I started the diet I was over the moon :)o maybe if i didnt shout it from the roof tops it would be still off) then I weight my self on the Friday and I had put on 7lbs - I dont think it is even possible to put on 1/2 a stone on three days so I think my scales are f**ked, So I bought new batteried for my scales and started again on monday but this time I decied to do a calorie count i.e count everything in calories what it going into my body, its hard as I have to write everything do to make sure I am not going over my calories i need to loose weight.

Hopefully it will work, but its also that time so I just wont know until next week
Well done for not giving up as i know that is the easy route - i nearly did, if you want any help or any help on what food your eating to points etc pm me im on the weightwatchers diet and so far its the best diet ive done but i get monthly booklets on food hints and tips i can forward them to you once ive read them if you want x x just send me a pm x

Kellyc said:
Well done for not giving up as i know that is the easy route - i nearly did, if you want any help or any help on what food your eating to points etc pm me im on the weightwatchers diet and so far its the best diet ive done but i get monthly booklets on food hints and tips i can forward them to you once ive read them if you want x x just send me a pm x
Thanks Kelly

Would it be ok if I joined this slimming cyber group? :biggrin:

My eldest daughter celebrated her 8th birthday last weekend and I'm now the heaviest I've ever been. Every birthday that she has, I vow to lose the weight and be slim 'this time next year'!!!! :cry: I must do this, one for my confidence, two for health reasons and thirdly, because my children would think all their birthdays and christmas's had come at once if I took them swimming!!!!! :sad: :o

Do you post your starting weight or just your progress each week.

As you all know, I have decided to do a "counting your calories" diet and week one went great, I was very very very good monday - Friday but saturday and sunday were a diaster what ever wasnt tied down I ate it, but I lost 5lbs this week - which is great, I know I wont loose this every week but if I can mange to loose 1 lbs a week and including the 5lbs i lost this week i will loose 18lbs before my holiday mid october :) :) :)

dont do atkins, where u don't get enough protein (needed 4 energy, 2 do every day things, eg walk, move arm, etc) ure body starts to eat its muscles, no muscles, no movement!!
also not enough research has been done, u dont no what harm u may be doin.
best thing 2 do is, eat 5 fruit/veg a day, drink 8 glasses of water a day, and have a well balanced diet. fish high in omega 3 burns fat. if u get cellulite eat lentals, the dreaded orange peel is caused by excess eastrogen (cant spell, u no the female hormone), hence the reason why men don't tend to get it, lentals can actually lower eastrogen! HAPPY DAYS!!!:biggrin:
Apparently grape fruit helps ure body manage the food u eat, therefore can help prevent fat build up, so if u eat half a grape fruit or drink a glass of un sweetened grape fruit before every meal, it can help! shame grape fruit is minging.
celery technically minus' calaries.
also try to exercise for 20 minutes 3 times a week (at least) although it can b a chore, exercise can boost energy, and burns fat, helps prevent bone problems (oesteophoroses) therefore increases bone density, and ofcourse strengthens heart and lungs. all u need to do is go out for a brisk walk, maybe in your lunch break, 3 times a week.
if it all seems too much join a class, its fun, u get a toned sexy body and every1 supports u. or why not take up salsa dancing, its really hot at the moment, and burns loadsa fat! don't b afraid of gyms, not every1 there is super fit, most gym members r just like the rest of us, need to shift thoose pounds for hols.
also if u train with weights (only low weights) u will be toning and burning fat, as u use weights ure muscles tear, the nextb day, whilst ure sitting down watching tv, u will b loosing weight (doin nothing) as ure muscles re-build them selves, as they burn masses of fat doin this!!!

I no this is long winded, but hey im also a gym instructor, and imj quite passionate about it!!!!!!

u prob think im mad!!!lol:o

I think Luckybird has given the best advice overall - there is no better way to lose weight than following a healthy diet with regular exercise. (But did you mean a person doesn't get enough Carbs, not protein, on the Atkins? ;) ).

Must admit - I didn't know that about Grapefruit - does pink grapefruit do the same? That's a little more palatable!

Any ideas on Chitosan? I've ordered some tabs because I heard when taken they kind of absorb any fats you may have just eaten and because Chitosan is not digested itself, the fats just get 'flushed' out of your system.

I was interested in the old muscles burning fat while repairing themselves too - I didn't know that, and it certainly makes you appreciate feeling like crap the day after exercising! :biggrin:

Doh! :o
sorry ment carbs, well it was like 3 in the morning, couldn't sleep, but was not awake! LOL!

apparently it does apply to pink grape fruit too.

Oh, i forgot to say, muscle actually weighs more than fat, so it is always better to measure inches lost rather than pounds. Other wise u'd b looking at ure self, saying, "hey I look good! Im toned, and slim! But don't appear to have lost much weight!" I can garantee, exercise, and u will be in a smaller dress size, but looking at the scales u may be miffed! ;)

Latest posts

Back