Another awkward client....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrobinson

Reaction score
I did a girls hair yesterday, ive done it before, and she used to be a hairdresser, hasnt done it for a few years. Last time she came in she was a 5 and wanted full head blonde:eek: i did full head foils and it lifted really well she went out ash blonde, :)
so she came in again yesterday and decided she wanted back to back foils, full head, of bleach and 12/1. i said i didnt want to do it and wouldnt recommend it as it would look false, and be too much. but she insisted so we went ahead and i tried to do it as natural as poss but using the colours she'd asked me too. she then asked me to use a toner afterwards which i did. once dried she kept saying love it i love it.
then today she rings up and says she hates her colour!! its too blonde, but with a yellow tinge?! she said she wanted a refund. i said i did exactly what you asked me too and i did say it wouldnt look right, and id get my manager to call. which he did and refused a refund at first but she was ranting and raving so he gave it to her.
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, she must know what it is like to be in that situation and how much it can knock your confidence. i offered to do another colour free of charge but she said she doesnt want me touching her hair again!! yet she told me exactly what to do. she also siad the toner burnt her scalp, which fair enough if it has, but she had a skin test, had one last time and didnt feel anything last night!
:irked::irked:

aw Hun,

Don't let it get to you, we all get them, they are just after a freebie, she probably really likes it just wanted it free!

Try not to let it get to you, dont let it knock your confidence :hug:

dont doubt your work sounds like somone wanting a freebie to me, she obviously didnt want you to do any more colour cos she actually loved it.

Dont worry hun , I think we all hope we wont get one of those in ,
and I can assure you we all get them from time to time ,

next time dont let anyone deter you from your own personal (correct) judgement ,
she realizes now that you were right when you first said to her "it would look false and you didnt think it would work "
the silly muppet should have listened to you

So now its easier to blame you and rant and get a refund for her picking the wrong colour out and going against your colour choice advise .

the only reason she swayed you was that she was a hairdresser, :hug: x

she was probably not a very good hairdresser and got alot of complaints and is why she isn't a hairdresser anymore ! I would't worry about it, but just learn to trust your own instincts and stick to your guns when you know something isnt gonna look right, and if they still insist get them to sign their client reccord card giving their full responsibility BEFORE carrying out the treatment. :hug:

do not worry hun and please dont let it knock your confidence. she sounds a complete witch, one of the joys of working with the great british public eh?! she sounds like she wanted a freebie to me, and being a previous hairdresser knew how to word it and get a refund.chin up hun and dont let it get you down, from ur profile pix etc you look a very good hairdresser. how many of your clients walk out very happy compared to the odd muppet like her?! exactly have faith in yourself:hug:

thanks everyone, i feel better about it today, just dont understand people who have to react like that, its not a problem not liking it, but to rant and rave isnt going to get her anywhere!

The way she spoke to you is disgusting. You don't need client's like that. People in the trade or even out of it can be highly critical sometimes.

You did everything she wanted and she still complains.

Some people eh?
Chin up xx

aww hun how cr@p is that ! :hug:,
i would maybe next time stick with your gut and refuse to do it ,
you know wot you are doing dont let clients talk you into something you know wont turn out just right (i have before and its a nightmare , lol )

you are really talented hunny , so dont get down :hug:

Shes definately trying it on - makes you feel completely unappreciated doesnt it . its nice to know it doesnt just happen to me .Have you ever had" my last hairdresser managed to do it" when it is actually physically and technically impossible ?

can you believe this?!! she has called and made an appointment with me tomorrow, saying she wants me to do it as she doesnt trust anyne else and it was a misunderstanding!!! after shes had a refund!!! if i was her i wouldnt dare walk back in the salon. shes basically admitting she was wrong, so now i have to do her hair tomorrow!! shel be charged full whack i can tell you!

can you believe this?!! she has called and made an appointment with me tomorrow, saying she wants me to do it as she doesnt trust anyne else and it was a misunderstanding!!! after shes had a refund!!! if i was her i wouldnt dare walk back in the salon. shes basically admitting she was wrong, so now i have to do her hair tomorrow!! shel be charged full whack i can tell you!
Kill her with kindness, smile, nod be gracious, do what YOU know to be right even if she is telling you what to do. (agree, nod, be gracious, then go mix the color YOU chose that would best suit) and continue the procedure, have her sign and keep full record of EXACTLY what she wanted to do, attach a record of what YOU actually did and file it for safe keeping. You'll most likely never be rid of her, I still have one of "those" client following me around for the last 18 years. :rolleyes: Smile nod and she sends loads of clients your way. LOADS!!

yep thats defo my plan! thanks

ive not been i work today, and apparently when my boss found out she'd booked back in again he rang her and told her not to come!!! i was actually looking forward to the challenge!!!! o well..

Latest posts

Back