another bit of advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi ,im maybe doing a set of coloured acrylic overlays 2m,just wanting to know when using the colour how do u do it as not to blend into the white tip as usually with this client she has white tips with radiant pink overlays ,maybe someone AGAIN :rolleyes: can lead me in the right direction & is there any pics in the gallery i can have a wee look at thx guys :hug:

you need to blend all the product down thin and then do the coloured over the top like you would normally do a white tip powder overlay, does that help? probably not i'm alittle tired now sorry lol

you need to blend all the product down thin and then do the coloured over the top like you would normally do a white tip powder overlay, does that help? probably not i'm alittle tired now sorry lol
i know i pick some time to start asking questions:smack:.soz its a full set from scratch ,what i was saying was she usually gets radiant pink overlays done but shes wanting something different this time :eek:

To do colord acyrilc, do it just as you would for a pink and white rebalance, just think as the colored acryilc is like the white. File the white down 80-90% and put your smile line on then do your pink. That simple. Good luck

To do colord acyrilc, do it just as you would for a pink and white rebalance, just think as the colored acryilc is like the white. File the white down 80-90% and put your smile line on then do your pink. That simple. Good luck
yes ,but my client get french elasion tips ,so im wantining it to stop and not go over the tip if u know what i mean?:irked:

Even when I use white tips I apply white product over it as this gives better coverage and still lets you do the smile line. Also this gives you the start of your apex as the white is slightly higher at the zone 2 edge. Then apply your zone 2 product, butting it up the the white not pulling it over.
Just the same as any Forever French overlay really. HTH

Even when I use white tips I apply white product over it as this gives better coverage and still lets you do the smile line. Also this gives you the start of your apex as the white is slightly higher at the zone 2 edge. Then apply your zone 2 product, butting it up the the white not pulling it over.
Just the same as any Forever French overlay really. HTH
hi would i do zone 2&3 first ,then do the white overlay on the tip as any colour going over the tip would i file off and then go over the white ? soz if im confusing u im confusing myself :rolleyes:

Must admit I am totally confused.....can we start again?:)

What is it your client actually wants.

I have taken it that she is having white tips and then radiant pink on zones 2 &3. which I think could be wrong....I don't feel so bad though as Kirsty seems to have thought you were doing a rebalance :lol:

I think now you are saying the radiant pink is going on the white tip??

I kind of don't understand that as if I was doing a colour on a tip I would use a clear tip then you could see the colour from both sides.
At the very least I would use a natural tip. It seems a bit daft to cover a white tip with a colour, when all white tips are meant for is a French manicure look.

Feel free to correct my thinking though.:smack:

Apologies if I have picked you up wrong again :o it is Friday !!!

Must admit I am totally confused.....can we start again?:)

What is it your client actually wants.

I have taken it that she is having white tips and then radiant pink on zones 2 &3. which I think could be wrong....I don't feel so bad though as Kirsty seems to have thought you were doing a rebalance :lol:

I think now you are saying the radiant pink is going on the white tip??

I kind of don't understand that as if I was doing a colour on a tip I would use a clear tip then you could see the colour from both sides.
At the very least I would use a natural tip. It seems a bit daft to cover a white tip with a colour, when all white tips are meant for is a French manicure look.

Feel free to correct my thinking though.:smack:

Apologies if I have picked you up wrong again :o it is Friday !!!
hi ooh soz i knew i was confusing yous :irked:no she wanted something different as she usually gets french white tips with radiant pink overlays ,but TODAY she wanted me to do a coloured acrylic with a french tip anyway after all that she went for the pink masque so i says i would do her the coloured acrylic the nexted time well if i ever figure oot how to do it that is :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back