Another gel polish thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkglitter-x

Reaction score
If i were to train in Gellux (without a mani cert) can i use/buy some Gelish products too?
Its all abit confusing in the nail world for me...

Yes , you can buy gelish at Sally's. Which is why I stay away from it. Also why would you not get a certificate? Do you want to damage and cause infections in nails?

It is really best for you to have manicure training, covering Health & Safety and Nail conditions and contraindications. I would also recommend training in whatever gel polish range you choose. You need to know about things like allergic reactions why they occur and what you can do to prevent them.

Starting a business isn't quite as easy as buying a product and painting it on. Clients want to be reassured that their nail tech knows her stuff and can deal with any problems that can occur.
In this saturated market it is the educated professional nail tech that will survive. Aim to be that tech :)

I mean i haven't got a mani cert as yet, but id like to get one but obviously id have to do it separately.
Surprising they don't offer mani and gel polish as an all in one, rather do that than find all these different courses, i don't know what's what, or where to begin looking...

I found it strange they even do those courses without having manicure certificate...
So now i need to figure which manicure course, and which Gel course.

Id love to do all out CND but thats an unrealistic dream financially :(

I would save and train with the best, Izzydoll says it best:) people will have questions and knowing the answers is a great way to keep your clientele.

I would save and train with the best, Izzydoll says it best:) people will have questions and knowing the answers is a great way to keep your clientele.

Are you CND trained?

If it is Gelish you are interested in they do manicure courses and Gelish training. Artistic Colour Gloss is another great gel polish and have an education programme. Do some research into different brands and their training and see what will suit you best.

Last edited:
I found it strange they even do those courses without having manicure certificate...
So now i need to figure which manicure course, and which Gel course.

Id love to do all out CND but thats an unrealistic dream financially :(

I trained with CND and hands down they are the best of the best with education and products. You can do the complete shellac course for £295 I believe (which is £354 including VAT) and that's not too bad considering you get everything you need to start you off. The lamp, 4 colours, base + top coat, all prep stuff and so much more, most of the cost is for the kit and only a very small amount of the cost is for the training. You can then do skill building courses such as the art and style class for only £95+vat since you already have the kit. On the course you cover EVERYTHING you could possibly think of and more and you leave as a nail professional ready for clients and not just a certificate allowing you to buy professional products like cheaper courses. Honestly it's so worth it!
:) x

I trained with CND and hands down they are the best of the best with education and products. You can do the complete shellac course for £295 I believe (which is £354 including VAT) and that's not too bad considering you get everything you need to start you off. The lamp, 4 colours, base + top coat, all prep stuff and so much more, most of the cost is for the kit and only a very small amount of the cost is for the training. You can then do skill building courses such as the art and style class for only £95+vat since you already have the kit. On the course you cover EVERYTHING you could possibly think of and more and you leave as a nail professional ready for clients and not just a certificate allowing you to buy professional products like cheaper courses. Honestly it's so worth it!
:) x

Thats quite reasonable for everything. Didnt realise you got the lamp etc. But do going to look at it now and see where the locations are etc. I need to do a manicure course seperately still?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thats quite reasonable for everything. Didnt realise you got the lamp etc. But do going to look at it now and see where the locations are etc. I need to do a manicure course seperately still?

Im not sure if it's changed but they did do a nails naturally course for beginners and you learn, manicure, pedicure and shellac.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Whats their legit site, because there's a few and its abit confusing... im on sweetsquared or creative academy (Bournemouth)...

Whats their legit site, because there's a few and its abit confusing... im on sweetsquared or creative academy (Bournemouth)...

Go to sweetsquared.com, click education, then for the beginner and then shellac... It's a 2 day course and you cover every single thing start to finish and all theory too. I did it last week, really was great and no, it's for complete beginners with no previous experience or qualification... You might have to phone them and they will tell you the nearest places to you they do if and also email you a list of dates the course is on for you to have a look through and when your ready, give them a call back and get booked on, the staff at S2 are lovely :)
X

Go to sweetsquared.com, click education, then for the beginner and then shellac... It's a 2 day course and you cover every single thing start to finish and all theory too. I did it last week, really was great and no, it's for complete beginners with no previous experience or qualification... You might have to phone them and they will tell you the nearest places to you they do if and also email you a list of dates the course is on for you to have a look through and when your ready, give them a call back and get booked on, the staff at S2 are lovely :)
X

Oh brilliant! Did you cover manicure too? I think thats the course I want to do. Just find out when its running near me and save up! x

CND products are so much better than gelish,I had more chipping with gelish

Ive decided CND is for me. Worth the money in the long run I think.

Ive found a course via creative academy Bmouth which is includive of manicure and Shellac. Or via S2 which doesnt mention manicure but just waiting for emails!

If I want to have a serious shot in the competitive world of nails, then better to invest in the best! Plus will probably make me more employable to salons etc :)

Latest posts

Back