another idiot 'tech'!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi

Reaction score
I feel like it's one step forward and three back with some of these idots. I found this little gem on the babtac website - in the members area (so luckily, no non-techs can see it.). The thread was started by a girl asking which system to do, and she got this answer....

I started with acrylics but for lodes of reasons never use them now. Silks look great but can be brittle I love Gel but you need to find a good one. I have tried a few and find you get what you pay for. I have used Ten nails for the last 21/2 years but a few ladies have probs with them, I found "You U.K" at Excel this year and find it quicker and much harder than any others i have tryed. By the way NO Extensions are good for your nails. Good Luck. Carol

SHE SOUNDS BRITE:eek:

you've heard the saying 'one sandwich short of a picnic' - well (to keep topical) - this one's 'one nail short of a set'

I KNOW, I KNOW, corny but still made me laugh!!!! :lol:

Hopefully someone with some real knowledge responded to that last remark and gave her and others readers facts about enhacements.
Ask her to justify that last remark and see what other twaddle she comes up with!

By Crikey! :Scared:
What is it with some people eh?......there is a blooming long way to go in educating the public when you get airhead "so called" professionals spouting like this!
Like ya say....thankfully that was in the members area......but surely her views and recommendations will spill out into her advice to clients.

I do however remember my beauty training and I do always think back to the tutor that advised us to recommend weekly manicures.....under no circumstances should we consider nail enhancements as.....(as she put it!!!) "they wreck the nails".................!!!!!!!
:eek: :Scared: :eek:

Jacky said:
I do however remember my beauty training and I do always think back to the tutor that advised us to recommend weekly manicures.....under no circumstances should we consider nail enhancements as.....(as she put it!!!) "they wreck the nails".................!!!!!!!
:eek: :Scared: :eek:

Yup, I remember my tutor at college saying the same thing. although, to be fair, her comments were aimed at L&P, as opposed to all nail enhancements. still a load of twaddle!!

Jane said:
Hopefully someone with some real knowledge responded to that last remark and gave her and others readers facts about enhacements.
Ask her to justify that last remark and see what other twaddle she comes up with!
Well, I'm armed with what I know, both in my head and from here.

I asked her to explain what she meant and I also said that if the tech is properly trained, there is no damage.

Can't wait to hear from her! I'll be ready, lol.

The only problem is that babtac is quite slow, especially the members area.

Hmmmmmm - not a lot to say about that that hasn't been said before about other similar articles. Just wish there was something that could be done!

Latest posts

Back