Another name topic!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellylill

Reaction score
I'm a mobile hairdresser and have advertised under the name 'Hair by Kelly' for 4 years now. Having just completed my hair extension course yesterday I feel I need a bit of a revamp and change my name which I fear when read appeals to mainly older ladies! I am not very good at thinking up name ideas so could do with a bit of help please! Obviously my name is Kelly and will be offering my usual cuts/colours/weddings plus hair extensions. The company I trained with yesterday is Belle so I'm wondering whether to incorporate that in the name somehow but not sure! Any ideas welcome thanks!

Ho hum... How cutesy/punny/professional do you want to sound?

Kellbelle - sounds like kill bill! Maybe Belle-Kel would be better...

Do you still want your name in it? Or something strong and single wordy?

Tinkerbelle Hair Design is the only ok thing I can think of with belle in the name but I'm not too keen. What about Tangled? Would anybody choose a mobile hairstylist called tangled?!

What type of client do you want to attract?

Personally I think cute Disney sounding names may put off older people, I'm 29 and To me it sounds like your appealing to 16-24year olds. Which if you are is great, if not then maybe pick something more neutral?

All I want to do really is not attract too many older clients who want perms and the regular sets. I feel I have enough of these already and will need more time to be doing hair extensions. I just want my name to attract people who want hair extensions and I'm not sure if Hair by Kelly would?? I could be wrong though, what do you think?

I think theres more to it than your name, its your overall advertising, marketing and branding. what do you do at the moment to get new clients?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think anything "hair by" sounds a bit naff unless it's someone's name incorporated in to it like "hoopers hairdressing" or "dillon & lee hairdressing" that's just my opinion though. Why not a nice word with a tag line of hairdressing like "stone hairdressing" or "fusion hairdressing"

Latest posts

Back