Another of my poems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
It’s Christmas Eve in London and Shoppers fill the street’s they rush to get there presents for loved ones as a treat,
There sat upon the pavement is a little girl so cold she’s wrapped inside a bin bag and a cup for money she does hold,
The people just walk by her they do not see her plight for while they’ll be tucked up in their bed’s she will walk the streets all night,
As the night unfolds and drunks come out to play. The little girl goes to the park to sleep till Christmas day,
She finds a bench to sleep on and settles for the night she’s really very hungry now yet no one sees her plight,
That night she dreams of Christmas day with a family by her side and lots of present s for her to open with wonders packed inside.
Christmas day is here now and the world is having fun, The church bells they ring out now as Christmas days begun.
But as the world celebrates and laughter fills the air , No-one even stops to think of the homeless folk out there.
Childrens faces smiling and bellies full and round
There frozen on a park bench she doesn’t make a sound
The little girl is gone now to her keeper in the sky
But did she need to suffer and why did we let her die.

Lovely poem Lell and very sad, makes you think :hug:

owch.:cry:
well done lelli:hug:

Oh Lell, I was hoping it would have a happy ending :cry:. Beautiful poem but so sad :hug:.

I was reading it out to my hubby and almost had to stop at one point:cry:

very nice but sad :hug:

Latest posts

Back