Another spray tan question,sorry!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlie

Reaction score
Went to do a spray tan tonight for a lady in her 60's,whilst there her husband said he'd like to book up oneday,but asked how i'd spray his head......he is bald on top with short white hair around back and sides (kinda like Victor Meldrew,lol) ...I managed to bluff myself out of it ok,but want to check with you guys before I attempt it!!!
Obviously he doesn't want brown face and top of head white,but how do I advoid staining his white hair??? HELP!!!:eek:

thanks in advance,lol :hug:

Went to do a spray tan tonight for a lady in her 60's,whilst there her husband said he'd like to book up oneday,but asked how i'd spray his head......he is bald on top with short white hair around back and sides (kinda like Victor Meldrew,lol) ...I managed to bluff myself out of it ok,but want to check with you guys before I attempt it!!!
Obviously he doesn't want brown face and top of head white,but how do I advoid staining his white hair??? HELP!!!:eek:

thanks in advance,lol :hug:
PMSL use masking tape:eek: .

Or maybe cut a hole out of a shower cap,stick in on his head and away you go.Sorry,but it's all I could think of.xx

PMSL use masking tape:eek: .

Or maybe cut a hole out of a shower cap,stick in on his head and away you go.Sorry,but it's all I could think of.xx

You can laugh but this is what I would do./... well use a hairnet with the centre cut out. Tape also maybe needed to keep the hairnet from 'flapping' about. :green:

I would have thought the only other way would be to comb some gel or hair product through the hair to put a barrier on it while spraying. Then this will wash off when the client showers the next day. :hug:

The barrier idea is a good one - gel or vaseline should work as an effective barrier to the tan.

What about spraying him at tea time when he is not going to go out anywhere and spray him with no hat on lol then let him shower it off next morning as normal.

From past experience, I find that gents who are thinning or bald on top just need to lower their heads down so you can spray on top. The spray won't die their hair especially if you only lightly spray over the top of the head.

The main priority is for you to spray evenly to ensure the tan looks as natural as possible.

Mandy x

Thanks guys,did think of maybe combing conditioner through to act as a barrier.Think the shower cap idea is a practical way of doing it,but maybe a little embarrassing for the poor man,lol!...........Does it actually stain the hair? if I did it in evening and lightly misted over,would any on the hair shampoo out ok??? don't want the poor guy to wake up looking like Chris Evans!!! thanks xxx

You could use clear tanning solution, or as mentioned you can lightly spray, the guide colour will wash out of the hair it will not stain it,

the guide colour will wash out of the hair it will not stain it,

You could call it the "Just for Men" tan!! :green: (you know that cheesy advert for men's hair colour!) :lol:

Ha ha trust you Sass,lol! could be the start of something big......will adjust my prices!!! Thank you all for replies,if he books I will try the light mist and maybe apply some sort of barrier,just hope to god it'll be ok....will let you know how it goes,if he books!!! xx

Latest posts

Back