Answering the phone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissylou

Reaction score
Hi geeks
About to get started on my spray tanning business shortly although had to delay already due to a few health issues at present :( I want to be 100% fighting fit. I was wondering how all of you word the initial phone call. I intend to request a patch test to start. It's on my consultation form which they can sign if they decline. Howdo you find people react to the patch test question coz obviously another appointment will be needed for that . Do you find most people want a patch test? I think I will be using a few solutions so will prob have to ttest them all The thing is a lot of the time an allergy can happen quite often on the second exposure. Just a bit unsure and what reaction I will get when i ask training never advised patch test to be honest i want to get things right tho.Thanks in advance of your advice. :)

In my opinion, hardly anyone wants a patch test. they just want a tan.

Does your insurance require you to patch test each client? mine doesn't, & if it did I'd be changing who i was with.

I 'only' patch test IF the client has lots of allergys or if they've had a previous reaction to fake tan.

I've not patch tested anyone up to now. x

Unless there is a contra indication then most insurance companies do not require a patch test. It's a tested commercial product so is unlikely to be risky, HOWEVER if your client has any contra indications then yes you will need to do a patch test :)

Also, don't forget that should you go ahead with patch testing you would then need to wait until the patch has faded out. If you sprayed on top of the patch then the spot that had been tested would be darker than the rest of the area. I've never had to patch test and my insurance company doesn't require me to.
x

That's great. Glad about that as it really complicates things if having to faff with everyone having a patch test. I will check with my insurance company. Am with salon gold tho and whenever I have asked things about what they cover etc theyjustsay whatever it said to do when I did my training. I will offer one if needed tho. Thanks :) x

Latest posts

Back