ANT-where is it?! Also, MMA?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teena_B

Reaction score
Hello people!:)
I have recently finished a make-up artist course, and am currently studying to be a nail technician. The course I am on is recognised by the ANT for insurance purposes, and I want to join the ANT, as I beleive in being a reputable practitioner (if that's the word, I dunno!) of nails. How do I go about this, guys? I am excited about starting my business in the next two weeks!

Also, can you tell me, what is all this about MMA? I was looking at the NAILSINLONDON website (excellent site, by the way!) and was reading the article about MMA. This is new to me. I don't wanna use this stuff! What products use this? If you're not allowed to say, tell me of popular makes that DON'T use it!

PS My website isn't complete yet, so if you look at it, please bear this in mind!;)

Thanks, and hello to you all!
From Teena

Hi there. The telephone number for ANT is 01371 810433. They do not have a website so you'll need to give them a call. As far as MMA is concerned, the reputable suppliers do not use MMA. If you're worried, put a post on with a name you're thinking of buying to have it confirmed that its okay although i'm sure it would be highly unlikely that you'd come across MMA as i know its illegal to use in this way in the US and dont think it would be widely available in the places we would go to buy here either - hope this makes sense coz it did ramble a bit :o

Thanks for your reply!
The system I have bought for UV Gel is Claws. I have also been looking into the Star Nails system. I am learning the Fibreglass nails in a couple of weeks time. I will learn Acrylic when I can afford it (as I have been attending college full-time for a year, I don't have a job, so my new mobile business is gonna have to pay for any more training I do!). I have another question - where do you all buy your tips from? My sister bought the Rio Gel nails kit ages ago (before I decided on my new career path). The tips from them cost £4.99 for 100, which seems pretty cheap, any views on this would be welcomed!

Luv to all,
Teena

PS how do I get a piccy of myself up like wot you have?

Teena_B said:
Thanks for your reply!
The system I have bought for UV Gel is Claws. I have also been looking into the Star Nails system. I am learning the Fibreglass nails in a couple of weeks time. I will learn Acrylic when I can afford it (as I have been attending college full-time for a year, I don't have a job, so my new mobile business is gonna have to pay for any more training I do!). I have another question - where do you all buy your tips from? My sister bought the Rio Gel nails kit ages ago (before I decided on my new career path). The tips from them cost £4.99 for 100, which seems pretty cheap, any views on this would be welcomed!

Luv to all,
Teena

Worry not my love: Claws is Star Nails which has been repackaged so i can guarantee you absolutely no MMA!!! I also use Star Nails or Claws tips as they blend well (i get those from the local wholesaler). I did my training with Star Nails and was more than happy with my training. I did L&P and then fibreglass which i absolutely love! As far as a pic is concerned, go into Quick Links then Edit Avatar then you change the dot at the top to Custom Avatar and browse at the bottom for the pic from your computer - PM me if you cant figure it out :)

That's so good to know!
And here's a piccy of me! For some reason when I adjusted my piccy in Photoshop Elements it wouldn't load, said it was too big. But with photosuite - VOILA!
Again, thanks for your help!
Luv Teena

You're very welcome - i'm glad i could help! Nice pic hun!! Very vogue!!

Teena_B said:
Thanks for your reply!

Luv to all,
Teena

Hi Teena those tips will be acetate based which are crap basically. you can get good and reasonably priced nails from the Tip Company or a lot of others use Millenium which I beleive are just as good...these are both made using Virgin ABS, Geeg wrote about this very recently which will be a good read for you....

Latest posts

Back