Anti age cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi

Question for you skin geeks....

I am 26 years old, a smoker and party animal, well once a month, but I do drink every weekend.
I have been wondering if my lifestyle has affected my face as I seem to have a few lines under my eyes and crows feet!

I do not use an anti ageing cream nor do I suffer with spots etc. The only thing I use in my beauty regime is Clean and Clear face Scrub and Palmers Cocco Butter.

People allways comment on what nice skin I have BUT should I be investing in an Anti Ageing cream???

xx

I wouldn't say rush out and buy an anti ageing cream,however I would highly recommend that you moisturise both am and pm.I would also recommend that you start using an eye cream,especially since you have visible lines around this area.

Our eyes are usually the first place that we start to show our age.Therefor,it makes sense to look after this area.

We use Darphin in our salon and they have a good eye serum called Fibrogene intensive .This would be the one I would recommend to you because you already have visible lines.

They also do an eye gel(which actually is more like a cream)Its called Arovita gel and this is lovely and not too heavy at all.I use both these products and I particularly love the Arovita.

The good thing about Arovita Gel is it can be used around the mouth too.Where you are a smoker,you need to protect this area as quite often smokers get the lines above their top lip,from taking a drag from a cigarette.

Although you have good skin now you need to look after it and help slow down the ageing process,so try to follow the guidelines I have suggested.HTH

I don't think its ever too early to start using Anti ageing creams. I started when I was 30. I'm 37 now, my skin is quite good and some people say I don't look 37, although I feel 57 some days LOL!!! I haven't got any grey hairs yet either, now that really does surprise me!! (now i've said that, I'll prob get one next week!)

Do you have a basic beauty regime? I cleanse, tone and moisturise every day and I can't sleep without taking my make up off even if I do get in at 3am. I wouldn't say I use expensive creams, just middle of the road prices. Maybe invest in an anti ageing nightcream, making sure you cover the neck area also.

Like Babsanne said investing in an Eye cream is also a good idea too.

I hate to be the one to say it , but if you're realy serious about keeping premature aging at bay you need to quit smoking.... I'm sure you're well aware of this though as you pointed it out in your post :) x

A night cream is a really good idea as when you are asleep your body repairs and renews itself, including skin cells. You will find that a good anti-ageing moisteriser (with all of your peptides, elastines and collagen) is very rich and sometimes takes a long time to penetrate into the skin. If you then use foundation over this it can sometimes excentuate lines under the eyes as it is thin skin. So night cream would be best.

Also if you smoke and drink occasionally, your skin might be dehydrated which would definatly enhance those lines. Try drinking a bit more water or fruit squash and it could improve your skin texture all over your body!

Lastly, cosidering you say your a bit of a party animal, I would say those lines you are talking about are smile lines. I bet you are laughing all the time so naturally your face adapts to that. It shows character and happiness.

I have some clients I have worked on with a non-surgical machine, consentrating around those areas around the mouth and eyes, watching them iron out, as soon as they leave my room and say how relaxed they feel, they smile and them lines are back again. Im not saying these treatments dont work because they definately help a lot of people, but if you are a "smiler" then its nice not to hide them!

i am in my early 20's and ive been using anti- aging cream for nearly 3 yrs now and i believe that it is improving the condition of my skin a great deal.
ill never stop using it.
But then people will say if you moisturise daily it works just the same ( i suppose im maybe a bit gullable!):lol:

i make my own secret blend of anti - wrinkle oil (yes it works) sold loads of the stuff. who needs clarins lol

i make my own secret blend of anti - wrinkle oil (yes it works) sold loads of the stuff. who needs clarins lol

Sounds interesting..... What is it??:) I dont want to know how you make it but sell it to me baby!!

Also, in answer to someones question, I dont follow a beauty regime. I just scrub and moisturise...... My skin ios fine but I am just worried about becoming like my mother! She is well wrinkled, hehehe.

xx

Hate to say it again but i believe after 25 years looking after skin,the only thing that really ages skin more than anything is smoking.I have seen dramatic differences in people who give up i gave up myself so know its hard,but you can put as much as you like on your skin but if you constantly bathe it in smoke it will not make much difference

Hate to say it again but i believe after 25 years looking after skin,the only thing that really ages skin more than anything is smoking.I have seen dramatic differences in people who give up i gave up myself so know its hard,but you can put as much as you like on your skin but if you constantly bathe it in smoke it will not make much difference

I know, I know but I try to give up and end up driving Mal up the wall. He said I scare him!

xx

Latest posts

Back