Anxiety after appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyED

Reaction score
Hi there, I don't know if anyone else feels like this but I feel so anxious after doing treatments that I've done something wrong/missed something?

I'm a mobile therapist and I've just started offering treatments again after a break of about 3 years due to some health issues.

I'm mainly doing Gelish at the minute and after all my appointments I'm convinced I've missed doing something, forgotten the top coat/oil/ph bond etc... even though I actually haven't, I just feel really anxious hoping there's no issues.

I'm sure part of it is a confidence thing, and I love actually doing the treatments, im just really struggling with the anxiety afterwards.

Does anyone else get this feeling?

YES! All the time but the way I look at it is it keeps you alert for your next client and you won't miss a thing!

Hopefully once you’re doing appointments back to back will alleviate the feeling. It’s normal to feel stressed and anxious.
Try not to focus on it too much and realise when they rebook they are happy with you

Last edited:
Hi there, I don't know if anyone else feels like this but I feel so anxious after doing treatments that I've done something wrong/missed something?

I'm a mobile therapist and I've just started offering treatments again after a break of about 3 years due to some health issues.

I'm mainly doing Gelish at the minute and after all my appointments I'm convinced I've missed doing something, forgotten the top coat/oil/ph bond etc... even though I actually haven't, I just feel really anxious hoping there's no issues.

I'm sure part of it is a confidence thing, and I love actually doing the treatments, im just really struggling with the anxiety afterwards.

Hey

You just need to back into the swing of things. Just take your time and If you need to be quiet to just concentrate then just tell your client. Obviously in a nice way.

Anxiety is a horrible thing. I had to leave the industry because i was getting anxiety attacks half way through nails, through a waxing treatment...would get super shakey and couldnt talk. Like randomly started happening more and more..after months of thinking i had something wrong with me i worked out it was because i was going super turbo perfect mode and my standards had gotten way too over the top lol having those same feelings your experiencing before i even started a treatment...its horrible.

Eventually i gave myself a break and applied for just a shop assistant job and the symptoms went away after a few weeks.

The thing is you just have to not get stressed dont make it a thing. Your client would tell you that you missed something ..just ease back into it slowly and just take your time. You havnt done treatments for a long time its only normal to want to everything just right.

So help you further combat this the job i had in the shop was an aromatherpy shop assistant working for an aromatherapy company just selling essential oils. If i could suggest you buy some Lavender and Geranium and an oil burner and have them burning in the house these two oils are best friends when it comes to keeping you calm. They would help to ease your nerves in general. Keep it 4-5 drops of each essential oil into your burner. Dont burn them everyday just 3-4 times per week.

Should do the trick ☺

Let me know how you get on.

I did in the beginning but as you gain experience and know exactly what you're doing this horrible feeling will be gone forever. It's a communication thing. Try to relax or talk about something, breathe deep.

I feel for you. I started to get anxiety when I had my first salon based job. I hadn’t long qualified & my boss was vile to me if I went over my treatment timings. I stuck it out for 10 months but in the end I quit. I miss the Industry though and want to give it another shot. I’m hoping someone will take me on as a junior and I can kind of start from scratch. Good luck with your business, hang in there x

Im actually thankful you posted this honest concern as I often feel the same! All we want to do is please our customers and it’s so petrifiing to think we’ve done the absolute opposite! It makes us realise we’re all humans and nothing is usually perfect! And I think with your attitude, you really are doing the best you can ;)

I’m so glad I signed up to this Salon Geek, I only signed up because I typed “anxiety as hairstylist” into google & it brought me here, i ring my mam every day after I do hair & talk to my boyfriend about how I’m worried my clients hair is not okay or they are not happy .. it really is getting old now I can’t help the anxiety! Some weeks I’m good some weeks I’m bad..

Latest posts

Back