Anxiety and work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy1993

Reaction score
Does anyone else who works for them selves in this trade suffer really bad with their nerves?
The smallest things really set me off, i take everything personal all the time.
Like a client who has always been blonde decided to have a change and go darker and decides she hates it. Why have i taken that personal?
Please tell me other self employed hair dressers are the same!!!

Does anyone else who works for them selves in this trade suffer really bad with their nerves?
The smallest things really set me off, i take everything personal all the time.
Like a client who has always been blonde decided to have a change and go darker and decides she hates it. Why have i taken that personal?
Please tell me other self employed hair dressers are the same!!!
I definitely feel your pain! I find myself freaking out every now and again, and it can be over something so little. But unfortunately it's just something we go through, I don't think there's a way of avoiding it, it's just who you are as a person, it clearly means you care about your clients!
Try not to beat yourself up or hold a grudge against yourself! If there are certain triggers that you're aware of, try to avoid them (I know that's easier said than done in this industry)

Thank you for your words!
When i speak to other stylists i usually get told to ‘not take it to heart’ but i really do.
It seems to get worse, i am just glad someone else sometimes feels the same though

Thank you for your words!
When i speak to other stylists i usually get told to ‘not take it to heart’ but i really do.
It seems to get worse, i am just glad someone else sometimes feels the same though
If you feel it's getting too much, maybe book a few sessions with a therapist, maybe they can help you develop comping methods, so that when you come across those sticky situations, you will be able to calm yourself down and work through it.

Thank you i have thought about it. But for now i have come off facebook just to come away from that pressure so hopefully that will help

Thank you i have thought about it. But for now i have come off facebook just to come away from that pressure so hopefully that will help
Good luck! If you ever need a second opinion / reassurance on anything then you can always drop me a message! :)

Thank you really appreciate it x

Latest posts

Back