Anxious panicking shaking Flu like symptoms after massage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lpolky

Reaction score
Hi all,

So a friend of mine has had a massage and facial with us this week and has said it was lovely and relaxing but then later that evening had flu like symptoms, aching, felt panicky and anxious and his wife has also had this before where she was also shaky and had a panic attack. His wife was years ago and not with me.
Any ideas why he may have felt like this. I’ve been doing treatments 24 years and never heard of this.

Thankyou

Might be just a coincidence and he was going down with a cold / flu anyway.

Which oils did you use out of interest?

Plain oil, grapeseed. Maybe it’s something to do with the blood pressure or toxins round the body!

Emotional release is not uncommon after a really caring, nurturing massage. It feels uncomfortable and can be alarming but it isn't a contraindication - rather the reverse.

I explain that although massage feels very relaxing, the body is stimulated by massage into doing spring cleaning and it's important to rest to support that process. I always warn my clients to drink plenty of fluid for the rest of the day and I warn them they they can feel unwell if they don't flush the waste through their body.

My husband has had this happen - he has a stressful job and can be a bit weepy if his "stress comforter" is taken away from him for a few hours. We always treat this as a "gosh you must have really needed this" moment. It's the body telling you that you've been overdoing things.

Thankyou TheDuchess, yes must be that. He suffers alot with stress and that makes sense. All the toxins have got to go somewhere. xx

Latest posts

Back