Any advice for a beginner? Tutorial links please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbaby1992

Reaction score
I'm new to acrylic and stuck in a rut. I can't seem to get my cuticle right and need to work on my edges. Any advice greatly appreciated. I need tutorials, maybe other helpful site and any of your favorite tips and tricks. Also looking for courses. Anyone know anything about nailtechcourse.com? Thank you all so much!

Many states don’t recognize online courses for getting nail tech license and if they do they sometimes only recognize certain schools. You should to check with your state board if they approved it first.
Things like application very hard to explain to do without being able to show you and correct your mistakes so I don’t think online courses will help. it would be best to do a course with a brand if it is only acrylic you having trouble with. they will be able to see where you do wrong and correct you. If you want to be a licensed nail technician then you have to go through your state board approved schools and programs.

Last edited:
Being certified might be something I'm interested in but my main reason for learning is because I like it. I like to do mine and would like to do family and friends. I enjoy nail art and applying fake nails. Really more of a personal hobby that I would love to share with my friends and family. But thank you for your advice. Again it might be something I'm interested in as a career just unsure at this point.

Being certified might be something I'm interested in but my main reason for learning is because I like it. I like to do mine and would like to do family and friends. I enjoy nail art and applying fake nails. Really more of a personal hobby that I would love to share with my friends and family. But thank you for your advice. Again it might be something I'm interested in as a career just unsure at this point.
Hi Salon Geek is a forum for professionals to share information and advice with their peers. We don’t ‘teach’ non pros. There are many DIY sites and forums out there which a google search will show, you’ll probably find more appropriate information there.

Latest posts

Back