Any advice on ear piercing training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Have been asked about ear piercing and am trying to look into training courses but can't find much. Caflon is a name I have heard most but on their site it doesn't mention a training course, just a manual that you buy with the starter kit and I don't want to go down that route.

Can anyone offer any suggestions of any reputable companies who offer nationwide training (I am near Bournemouth). Thank you x

Hiya the capital branch in poole sometimes does Caflon ear peircing training,I thought about it a little while ago,someone on here mentioned once you may have to have a local council licence i think though (don't quote me on that).HTH xx

Salys hair and beauty do the training too i think and yes you do have to be registered and have a licence from the council in most areas.
Colleges also do this training but dont know if they offer it as a single unit

What does a licence involve, anyone know? I work from home, would it only be salons that were allowed a licence? Do they come and inspect? How much does it cost? Does it have to be renewed yearly? (Ok, too many questions, I'll shut up now, sorry!)

Studex is another one. I think our local Aston and Fincher do courses for ear piercing using that system.

Its the system I used when I used to do piercing.

The training for ear piercing is scarily easy! I did the training at college. So long as they have enough students wanting to train, they'll get the company in. I can't remember now how much it cost, sorry - it was a few years ago. I never did it again after training, I wasn't sure that piercing ONE ear could qualify anyone, but I got my certificate along with the other 9 girls. I notice also that our local Alan Howard train for this.

At training they will go through the process of registering with your local council. I started the process, again I can't rememeber exactly, but what I rememeber is - Telephone Environmental Health, tell them what you require, they send a form out, once you have completed and returned the form (with a copy of your certificate) they will contact you to make arrangements for inspection. I do recall that if you were in a home salon and had a carpeted room, there may be a problem.

you need to contact your local council with regard to licences etc, you can pull up most of the infomation you need on their website along with the relevent criteria you need..

Thanks so much for all your replies.x x

Have you thought of training with an actual body piercer, and using needles rather than guns?

I've had all my piercings performed at Bodz in Liverpool, and the very experienced piercer there, Carl, feels much the same about piercing guns as nail techs do about NSS.

His site is a wealth of info, here's a link:

Piercing by Carl and Shirley at Bodz(Bodydecor)Liverpool UK

Latest posts

Back