Any advice on gaining clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emerald

Reaction score
Hi, i was wondering if anyone could give advice, i started my mobile business in nov 07 doing nails, manicures, makeup. At christmas i was busy as people where getting their nails done for xmas (and i had an introductory price) BUT i am quiet beyond belief i havent had a client for 2 weeks now. I have 2 regulars for nails but thats it. I have recently completed my sienna x training so now ive done my practises im ready for clients with that. I also do pedicures.

Heres what ive done to advertise since i started business: 3000 leaflets, postcards in shops on noticeboards/in windows, advert in towns free magazine, free ad on yell.com/thomson local/ every free advert site i can find, wedding fayre, sent letters to existing clients with an offer, got a website, and im out of ideas now, i plan to drop cards at bridal shops/hairdressers but i dont know what else 2 do, ive read the sassys advertising and done most of that anyway.

Im starting to worry now:rolleyes:

hi,

after reading your dilema i would just like to ask a few things that may help... i hope... i know you said you where busy at christmas and you had an offer on.. where did these clients hear about you??? Have you ran good jan and feb offer... we are coming up to prom season maybe some flyers to year 11 students with a discount if they book by april.... the other question maybe to get feed back as to why they are not returning you might just find that its the time of year.. and as you started in nov maybe you initially picked up the seasonal clients... chin up they are out there.....H x:lol:

Hiya ... Just bare in mind that now is a quiet time anyway....and that it does take time to build a good client base.

Did those who came at Xmas time re-book....?

The clients came from leaflets that went through their doors, the only ones that rebooked where the ones that wanted to keep nails on, the others told me before they got them done that it was for xmas, im gonna send them out a letter soon introducing the spray tanning. I have a friend that owns a piercing shop and as weird as this may seem she offered to put leaflets in bags when she sells any jewellry etc, i have had one enquiry but as soon as i tell them the price of nails they say "ill get back to you" i charge £30 full set l+p french. But had 10% off jan/feb on nails, and luxury manicures.

have you thought about doing a nail party. perhaps you could ask one of your 2 regulars if they fancied a nail party at their house and ask them to bring their friends along. you could offer them a free set in return for using their house and bringing their friends along. if they are impressed not only will they book again they might even tell their friends :)

A great idea angelina... could work really well ..H x

I think the nail parties sound great. I used to do a lot of pamper parties, and had a few therapists that I could ring if I needed more than one pair of hands.
We used to do holistic therapies, but think beauty and nails would have gone down a storm.

Have you thought about spray tanning parties? let the hostess have a free spray tan.

What about princess parties. Scattyfox has a load of stuff she's selling geared towards these.

Give it time it takes months if not years to build up a decent client base once you get a handfull of people you will find your business will come from word of mouth. i started off by renting a room at the back of a busy hair salon to get a start then i started offering a home sevice and found most if the clients wanted it as it saved smudging nails on way home. Why dont you ask your local hairdresser if you can sit in a couple of days a week and advertise to the clients that are going for their hair that you will be there to offer manicures on a certain day. put your leaflets anywhere and everywhere give them out to anyone leave them in cafes lesiure centers florists . once word gets out your around youll start to get busy. x

Also i think your prices should always be a couple of pounds cheaper than the salons as youll be using their electric/ towels ect...

Also i think your prices should always be a couple of pounds cheaper than the salons as youll be using their electric/ towels ect...

I disagree.....we are also using our own transport and saving them in car parking....we are bringing the luxury to there homes. And I take my own towels.

I disagree.....we are also using our own transport and saving them in car parking....we are bringing the luxury to there homes. And I take my own towels.
Yeh i take my own towels, i take everything i need for the treatments, i will do spray tan parties once i get word around.

I had an idea how does this sound, passed it by boyf bt didnt get a response from him lol. I thought maybe i could get some postcards from vistaprint and on the front make it look like a postcard with a lady sun bathing or something and a little phrase maybe then on the back write about what i offer and make up some holiday deals eg: man & ped for a set price or spray tan with free mini manicure etc. Then go round local travel agents and ask if i could leave them on the desks for when people book holidays?
Not sure on the wording for the front but its just an idea.:idea:

I like that idea sweetie xx

you may have done this but what about contacting all the b&b and hotels in Blackpool and putting something together for their new arrival holiday makers make a feature of it.

Me to, its a new angle, and its hitting the holiday mood, i.e. the its all about me, time:lol:
As for your prices, are you the same as everyone else?
Don't know what its like around your way but around here £30 for mobile is pushing it and in town £20 is the norm :eek:. People can be very close with their money and even if you are a £1 more will go else where, even if you are the most qualified tech on the planet, Peter Pan will back me on this and she's a grand master.
On to practical help, I would go to your local florists and offer the staff free..... what ever if they will let you leave promotional leaflets on the counter for mothers day. Or even a money of voucher (redeemable within 6 weeks of the date on the voucher) tucked in with the flowers and you'll do the same for the florists with every treatment you do.
More and more fella's are trying to be original with their presents but don't know how to be.
See if the barber's will let you put a poster up,
Guy's treat the lady in your life to ...........luxury.........comfort of her own home.
Cant think of anything else at the mo:hug:
Oh yes I can, wedding dress shops, for the bridle party or hen night:lol:

you may have done this but what about contacting all the b&b and hotels in Blackpool and putting something together for their new arrival holiday makers make a feature of it.
What sort of things do you mean? Like postcards?

What sort of things do you mean? Like postcards?

I'd go more for leaflets in a display, when ever I've been on holiday there have been loads of these as part of the 'things to do while here in' Well mine is normally the lake district or north wales:lol:

Well when i had my offer on for acrylics at xmas i charged £25 and got a lot of clients for xmas but my ususal price is £30, everyone around tends to charge £30 exept from the nss they charge £28, it takes me 1and 1/2 to 2 hrs a set tho so any less and i feel i wouldnt be making much money. Whereas the spray tanning could be quite profittable for me.

Im sooooo out of ideas apart from the postcard grrr:mad:. I ask boyf he cant think either. Any ideas for wording on front of postcard too?:idea:

offer to give a M & P at the hotel to start their hols target the ones who do hen nights or for the older generation make a deal with the hotelier to put something on their website that the service is offered to the ladies when they arrive and maybe do it ais a type of party

Latest posts

Back