Any advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirsty Dalton

Reaction score
Hi people, I was just wondering if anyone had been in my situation or had any advice for me?

My problem is I am currently renting space in a beauty salon where the beautician already does natural nails e.g manis, file and polish etc, when I first agreed to renting space here it was part of the agreement that I would only do enhancements and rebalances ( no natural nail stuff) as the girl thought this would take business away from her.
I was fine with that when I started in nov as I was really busy with people wanting enhancements for the party season, but it has since died a death and I feel regular mani customers would keep me ticking over in between enhancements.

I am just wondering if we could come to some kind of compromise or something? but don't know what, any ideas people???????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey

It is a difficult situation you are in. I would advise you to speak to her honestly about the situation. Maybe she would be ok with you doing your own clients natural nail care?

You may find that she too is feeling the pinch now and maybe reluctant to give up business as such.

All you can do is ask I guess?!

hth

Becki xxx

Hmmm tricky... i am in a similar situation .. fortunately my colleague HATES manis and pedis and said you can do them ALL!! What would you do if you had an existing enhancement clientwho wanted them removed and regular manis instead? would you pass them over?

I rent a room in a hairdressers, and there is also a beauty therapist there. We agreed that she could have pedi's but do no hand treatments, and I could have enhancements and mani's, and I would do no foot treatments.
Are mani's really big business for her? Talk to her and see if she will let you have them in return for you handing one of her leaflets to every client who books with you, she might make more money out of that than the mani's.

Could you offer Pedis? Possibly you could offer manis only to new clients; that way she keeps her own clientle. I'd do some advertising about your enhancements being available. You should be gaining a regular clientle from fills.

Good luck.

Shiloh

I totally know how this feels. I worked in a salon with the same exact situation. The only thing different, was my mother in law, was the other person! :eek:

What we did which totally worked for us, she kept doing her clientel she already had, and I took on all the new people unless of course, they asked for her.

U know, what your co worker needs to understand, we can't make an extra amount of dollars off of someone that walks in for a quick haircut. All we can do is nail services. So with her getting all the natural nail services, really can add up to a lot of lossed income. Not everyone wants enhancements. I would sit down and try to talk to her and see if she can see things from your side, if not, it may not be a bad idea to move on.

Thankyou to all that replied iam going to see her tonight so as advised i think just be honest with her and see what we can come up with, thanks again ladies xx

Hey

It is a difficult situation you are in. I would advise you to speak to her honestly about the situation. Maybe she would be ok with you doing your own clients natural nail care?

You may find that she too is feeling the pinch now and maybe reluctant to give up business as such.

All you can do is ask I guess?!

hth

Becki xxx

I agree with becki.....she might be feeling the pinch aswell....so might be reluctant to give you ay clients.....just ask...hope it goes well xxxxx

You did say in your original post that this stipulation was part of your original agreement!! But I wish you luck when you speak to her.

Another idea is to do a 'turn and turn about' so that new clients are booked on a Rota system. Next new client who books is hers, next new client yours etc.. many salons do this between the technicians (I used to in my salon) unless a specific technician was requested.

We used to put a big initial (of the tech) next to each new customer in the book so that we knew who was next in line.

Latest posts

Back