Any clue what brand gel we use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiec01

Reaction score
I work in America...I don't know if that makes a difference, but the salon I work at uses an organic gel, it's yellowish in color and moderately sticky. It comes in a dish thats white and plain. My boss says I don't need to know what brand it is... any clues on what it could be?

I don't mean to sound picky but why shouldn't you need to know what brand it is?? I personally would want to know what i'm using on someone's nails. I can't say i've heard of a yellow gel, but i've only seen a few.

What would you do if a client asks you what make it is? I don't think it looks good if you don't know. I know loads of people that have got to know various brands of acrylic or Gel so they tend to go for certain makes, i would really try to find out if i were you, otherwise you could be using something that could be a cheap make that gets results but doesn't last or wear well, or even goes yellow.

Hope you find out, let us know.:|

Well one thing is for certain and that it is not a branded line! Otherwise the owner would be shouting its name form the roof tops.

This is NSS behaviour. Clients and staff should all know what products you are using whether branded or not.

Branded lines are just that, branded ... meaning recognised by the general public by its brand name. Most nail products are not well branded generally. There are only a few that are well recognised and asked for by name by the public.

thanks. I thought the same thing. It's the yuckiest gel too. It is actually tinted yellow and it makes everyones nails yellow. I am trying to get my boss to order some of the i.b.d. GEL POLISH and I think on my own time I am going to try the i.b.d. gel itself and see if we can maybe get it in and use it instead.

I agree. You have the right to know what you are applying to your clients nails! The clients have the right to know as well. I do not hide the brand of products that I use on my clients. I use ibd gels and I love the natural way it leaves the nail looking. Besides ibd gels I also use Creative's Radical liquid and creative's powders as well. Let your boss know that the client needs to know what products are being used on them. I agree that this sounds like NSS behaviour.Nidia

cassiec01 said:
thanks. I thought the same thing. It's the yuckiest gel too. It is actually tinted yellow and it makes everyones nails yellow. I am trying to get my boss to order some of the i.b.d. GEL POLISH and I think on my own time I am going to try the i.b.d. gel itself and see if we can maybe get it in and use it instead.

Hun with your bosses idea of professionalism i'd maybe try and find another salon to work in if possible.

He doesnt seem to have many scruples!! I would be surprised if he would want to swap now - but let us know what happens..

Your boss sounds like the sort that would definitely not welcome any input from his staff so i think it unlikely that he's gonna want to go with any recommendations that you have for different gels. I agree with Fab Freak: find yourself a salon that values you and your input.

Well, thats the thing. My boss has been in business for 45 years and at this location for 37 years. He has built an awesome clientelle and works jus as many hours as we all do if not more. He IS open to suggestion, since the last nail girl quit I have brought more new products in to our salon that we are using and retailing a lot of than they ever have before. He doesn't know anything about nails except for how they are supposed to look when they are done. I think he would be open to suggestion.....so on Tuesday I'm gonna have a go at it with him.

cassiec01 said:
Well, thats the thing. My boss has been in business for 45 years and at this location for 37 years. He has built an awesome clientelle and works jus as many hours as we all do if not more. He IS open to suggestion, since the last nail girl quit I have brought more new products in to our salon that we are using and retailing a lot of than they ever have before. He doesn't know anything about nails except for how they are supposed to look when they are done. I think he would be open to suggestion.....so on Tuesday I'm gonna have a go at it with him.

Cool go for it then....best of luck to you with your suggesions..

Before committing to any gel, take a look t the new Brisa Gels from Creative.
They are awsome and very beautiful and durable.

Latest posts

Back