Any Crazy Colour experts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronray

Reaction score
Is anyone here experienced in crazy colour or knowledgeable enough to know what mixing certain shades would create? I've used a lot of brands but only ever dabled in crazy colour. Any help would be great. Was thinking of mixing marshmallow and silver or platinum. But not confident this will create the look I'm aiming for.

I love a bit of Crazy Colour! I often just eyeball mixing up shades until I like what I’m seeing and then try it on a light yellow swatch of paper to try and replicate what it may look like on pre lightened hair. The less “dense” shades I find best results work only on a level 10 but CC claims it works on 9/10 for those shades.

What sort of shade are you trying to create? Ice mauve and silver are nice together! Marshmallow and silver would probably give you something close to between a 10/95-10/16 In KP (trying to think of a comparison) the marshmallow would dominate the mix tho. I think it’s quite forgiving so I have never really panicked with crazy colour...the only time I have run into trouble is with the more dense shades on porous hair.

I love a bit of Crazy Colour! I often just eyeball mixing up shades until I like what I’m seeing and then try it on a light yellow swatch of paper to try and replicate what it may look like on pre lightened hair. The less “dense” shades I find best results work only on a level 10 but CC claims it works on 9/10 for those shades.

What sort of shade are you trying to create? Ice mauve and silver are nice together! Marshmallow and silver would probably give you something close to between a 10/95-10/16 In KP (trying to think of a comparison) the marshmallow would dominate the mix tho. I think it’s quite forgiving so I have never really panicked with crazy colour...the only time I have run into trouble is with the more dense shades on porous hair.
Oooh is ice mauve a new shade? Can't remember seeing that?
But sounds like either formula could work. 10/95 is the kind of colour I want I think. Thank you for responding much appreciated. I think I'll grab one if each and experiment a little.

I don’t like using crazy colour. They changed the formula after Renbow sold it off so I prefer to use other brands. My favourites brands are manic panic and Splat. Splat really stains the hair if you want something with staying power!

Usually, with direct dyes, the colour in the bowl is a good indicator of how it will look on level 10 (already toned) hair.

https://www.bluebanana.com/en/section/1688/1/hair-dye?jssCart=6c206665869df81d82434ac4ca03298d
Beware that anything purple based in crazy colour fades out a horrible green.

I don’t like using crazy colour. They changed the formula after Renbow sold it off so I prefer to use other brands. My favourites brands are manic panic and Splat. Splat really stains the hair if you want something with staying power!

Usually, with direct dyes, the colour in the bowl is a good indicator of how it will look on level 10 (already toned) hair.

https://www.bluebanana.com/en/section/1688/1/hair-dye?jssCart=6c206665869df81d82434ac4ca03298d
Beware that anything purple based in crazy colour fades out a horrible green.
Oh god yeah I've had many a bad experience with the crazy colour purple shades leaving that horrible green stain. This was one of the reasons I avoid crazy colour. But I used one recently and it changed my mind and I thought maybe I should give it the benifit of the doubt and try a few more.
I don't want anything bright or anything that's going to last too long to start off with as this is a big change for the client and I'm not that convinced that she'll like it. But she's sure she wants to try it. I do plan to lift the hair to a 10 and pre tone. I find when direct dies go on a base 9 it never really looks quite how I want it. Thank you for the heads up. I'll take a look at splat and see what shades they have to offer.

Oooh is ice mauve a new shade? Can't remember seeing that?
But sounds like either formula could work. 10/95 is the kind of colour I want I think. Thank you for responding much appreciated. I think I'll grab one if each and experiment a little.

Yeah I think it’s one of their new metallic shades.

As for purple fading green it’s notorious for it in CC. I find adding red keeps the colour a bit more stable when fading or removing it but I tend to move towards other colour lines if wanting full on purple!

Latest posts

Back