any good remedies for heartburn??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
hi everyone.....i know this one is so far away from being nail related but i really need some help.....i've got terrible heartburn...another bloody pregnancy woe :( .........anyway i've had it all day and i've also now started to be sick after all this time.......i wasnt ever sick untill i hit the 18 week mark and now its an every day occurance :(

the thing is i was really sick earlier and i think i have burnt my throat with the acid coming up from my stomach, its so uncomfortable when i eat or drink anything....i have been taking gaviscon advance that my doc gave me but its only working for a short time then its coming back again.

sorry for the gory details but if anyone can suggest something that might help i will be really greatful

stanleyann

I thought when I had Samantha I would give birth to a giant corn flake because that is all I ate for nearly the whole pregnancy my heartburn was so bad.!! It seemed that it was the only thing that didn't cause acid indigestion.
I wish I could suggest a miracle cure .. I know how miserable it can be.

I am 32 weeks and this is my 4th......This is the first time i have suffered from heartburn in a BIG WAY.... I have found milk has helped me, try it, anything is worth a go. Thinking of youxxxxxxxxxxx

Peppermint tea, Camomile tea and fresh Ginger in hot water is fab for all that stuff..................
Faye drank it by the gallon, as her heartburn and sickness was 2x as bad , due to the hormone rage caused by having twins..................

I too had awful heartburn while pregnant. I use to drink bottles of gavison and still got it.
I did find that eating smaller meals spaced through the day did help a little.
But it does seem to be one of the pains of pregnancy........Along with throwing up, Piles and backache Lol

lol...that made me laugh geeg......to be honest i can take the odd bowl of weetabix....other than that i dont actually drink milk and i dont drink tea or cofee either so i dont need milk for that......i dont have any weetabix but i do have some sugar puffs so i think i might give them a bash......i will try anything just now to make this ease off a bit.

i just seem to have one ailment after another right now.....i really cant understand how people can say they enjoy being pregnant.....i know its gonna be worth it in the end though :D

any other remedies greatly appreciated ladies

stanleyann

lell said:
I too had awful heartburn while pregnant. I use to drink bottles of gavison and still got it.
I did find that eating smaller meals spaced through the day did help a little.
But it does seem to be one of the pains of pregnancy........Along with throwing up, Piles and backache Lol

already got the backache and i've been throwing up.......i'm really not looking forward to the dreaded piles though :Scared:

stanleyann

I haven't experienced pregnancy myself but have experienced hearburn - I've heard friends recommend gingernut biscuits - don't know if they work but at least they taste nice. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Best wishes

Julie

i had major heart burn when i was preggers. used to always feel like i had rising stomach acid. i would wake up in the morning and hardley be able to talk (much to my husbands joy) and my throut felt like it was red raw, like the acid had started to eat away at my throut! horrible, so i really feel for u as i know how bad and uncomfortable it is!

the old wives say it's because the baby is going to have lots of hair on their head, hmm dont know if that is true, but mine looked like a punk it stuck out everywhere!

I hate ginger, and prob would have aggrevated me more, so i dont know if that works. i used to drink a lot of milk, it really does calm it down, also good for the babies bones.

if u go to ure doctor, he can prescribe gaviscone, and u get huge bottles for free. my only problem was i can not stand the taste of it and it made me feel sick.

for any sickness, arrow root biscuits are fab.

i felt the rose hip tea ( i think thats what it wasor rose leaf, or somthing rose atleast) helped a bit,even tho that wasnt the point of it! but i know u can only drink this after a certain time as it prepares the womb for birth and can apparently make u go in to premature labour if drank to early 9 i think u can have it after 30 weeks)

Celery.Plain old celery helped me with Heartburn from Hell when I had my first baby. Try it.
Good Luck
Holly

oh u poor thing , i had horrendus heartburn from being 5 months, i had to sleep sat up :zzz: , i tell ya it drove me mental, i am used to stomach probs coz i have got an ulcer , but this was with me all the time, gaviscon did not touch my heartburn(odd coz i drink it by the gallon normally & it works??) but the midwife gave me some lemon tasting stuff it was vile but that was the stuff that helped , in the fact it took it away for a couple of hours , but i cant remember the name sorry , all it was was white chalky stuff that tasted of lemons, and it was in a white bottle hth
good luck i hope you get something that helps

Hiya,

When i wa expecting i also had extremely bad heart burn, i used to drink milk, sleep sat up, eat bland foods and small amounts regular also i found carbs used to lay heavy, so try not to eat too late at night. My sister was pregnant at the same time so we used to go to ante natel together and docs, she used to get 3 large bottles of gaviscon and so did i, she then gave them all to me and i used to drink them in four weeks, i'm suprised i didnt overdose lol. As for the hair thing, my duaghter was also like a punk, thick black curly hair and quite long, she is now as white as snow lol

Amanda

once again i've got to thank everyone for their advice.....i eventually tried a bowl of sugar puffs late last night and i ended up free from heartburn for the rest of the night....that was such a relief :D

i've also been getting told the old wives tale about the baby having lots of hair....infact my mum had a dream last week that when it was born it had bunchies in its hair :lol:

well i'm off now to see what bland food i can have to eat...how exciting eh!!!

i will probably be back later looking for more advice for another ailment so watch this space...... :p

stanleyann

i've just caught up on this thread, and I'm pleased to read that you have sorted out your heartburn. I had heartburn while I was having my second daughter - even cleaning my teeth was enough to set it off. I began to lose weight drastically despite drinking gallons of Gaviscon (Gaviscon on ice replaced hot choccy before bedtime) so my GP prescribed ranitidine for me which did the trick. That was 17 years ago, so perhaps medical attitudes have changed since then, but if your suffering recurs it might be worth asking for it.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering...

I had bad heartburn when I was pregnant but mine only came on in the evening and I suffered all night ! Like you I don't drink milk but I found that Twinings Camomile and Lime Flower herbal tea really helped and I drank gallons of the stuff.

Hope that helps

Take care

Tracy
x

Hi there i had Asilone with my first child (cant stand gaviscon0 and with the second one i got ranatadine although when my waters broke it was terrible like a red hot poker down the throat and the anthestist gave me a solution of bicarb it tasted foul but cured the problem immeidately

Both mine had loads of hair but 2nd one was like a punk rocker

good luck with babe and heartburn

lucia
x

Try love heart sweets...they are slightly fizzy and this helped me with my heartburn when I was pregnant. He was born with masses of blonde hair!!!

Latest posts

Back