any hair extensionists out there

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
please..........i need some advice - ive had my hair extensions in now for 2 weeks, (properly applied i might add) but what im wondering is this........ does hard or soft water make a differnce? my extensions were brill and silky smooth, but when i washed and dried tongith - its gone very dry and getting rather tangled and have to brush them alot, im very happy with them, so dont get me wrong on that score, i just wondered about the water...........as where i get them done is a soft water area and my water is a hard water area.ive tried the leave in conditioner, the vit A spray, etc etc. any advice would be really apreciated

please..........i need some advice - ive had my hair extensions in now for 2 weeks, (properly applied i might add) but what im wondering is this........ does hard or soft water make a differnce? my extensions were brill and silky smooth, but when i washed and dried tongith - its gone very dry and getting rather tangled and have to brush them alot, im very happy with them, so dont get me wrong on that score, i just wondered about the water...........as where i get them done is a soft water area and my water is a hard water area.ive tried the leave in conditioner, the vit A spray, etc etc. any advice would be really apreciated

Hi G,

I did have hair extensions earlier this year and I too live in a hard water area. Can't say I noticed any difference once they were washed, they were fine. Perhaps it depends on the 'brand' of hair.

hth

hi there, i have found in the years i have been doing extensions that hard water does make a diffrenece to extensions.

i have bought a shwer filter offline it works a treat.

altho i would check with your extensionsist as what hair was used. i know you are happy with your install but it might be a bad batch of hair of something.

if you were my client i would like to know if you were having problems.

if the hair has tangled this soon into the install id say its only going to get worse.

jmo hth :green: xx

Hey Glynis sorry to hear about you hair hun.

I live in a soft water area but know plenty of people with hair extensions who live in hard water areas with no probs whatsoever.

What I will tell you is that extension hair is treated with smoothing agents which gradually wash out after a few weeks. The only brand of hair that I know stays 100% the same as when it was first put in is Racoon.

I had Balmain extensions earlier this year and they were heinous! I had black, mahogany and white blonde (interesting combination, yes!) and the black were the first to go, then the mahogany, then the blonde. By 'go' I mean matt up like a mangy cat on my head. It is because the black is the least 'treated' of the colours and as the hair gets lighter, it is more treated, therefore the blonde was the last to 'go' and it didn't 'go' as bad as the blak and mahog did. You still following? :lol:

I don't have extensions in now, just my own white blonde shoulder length waves, but if I did I wouldn't go for any brand but Racoon.

Hope you get this sorted hun, definitely go and discuss with your extensionist :green:

Hi darlin,

I've had hair extensions before, do you seperate the bonds and comb them through gently before and after washing them? They get mattered if you rub your scalp like you would with your normal hair. You should really use your finger tips and scrub gently not vigorously in a circle motion. When I used to shower I would put the conditioner on and gently comb them through with a wide tooth comb to make sure they don't tangle.

Also you need to make sure you shower, not bath as the bath can tangle them as well.

You could always pm my hair lady Blondie21 (clair) she works for me and it very good at hair extensions.

HTH love :hug:

thanks guys, i seem to have sorted the prob now, ive put some extra serum on them and they are fine. thank god. they are still smooth, (i put the serum on at t-time) so maybe i wasnt using enough in the first place.........doh....trust me eh

thanks guys, i seem to have sorted the prob now, ive put some extra serum on them and they are fine. thank god. they are still smooth, (i put the serum on at t-time) so maybe i wasnt using enough in the first place.........doh....trust me eh

Pleased to hear they're better now :green:

Glynis your avatar is fantabulous! You look like your about to deliver an Oscar acceptance speech or summat!

Latest posts

Back