Any help for bad lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Some of my clients do really well with their acrylics, and some have horrible lifting. It's generally one way or the other. My application process doesn't change from person to person, so I can't figure out why the lift??? What can I do about it? Is it unprofessional to apply a little glue under the lift before rebasing? Please help me, as I feel this will make or break my business.

hi
i had a few clients with bad lifting i bought some nailfresh which i now use on them and they have hardly any lifting at all now

hope this helps

:D

are you using a primer?
some clients have more of an oily nailplate than others and will require more dehydrating and maybe a primer. You may be using the same procedure on all clients but they are all different so your treatment has to vary accordingly

Yes, I use primer. I've tried using a bit more, but I think it causes yellowing. Filing the stuff off is what kills me time-wise.

Nail Fresh kicks but to help prevent lifting from those problem clients.
Nail Fresh will act like a 'pre-treater' for plates with excessive moisture or oil.
If you're only dealing with one or two clients that seem to be rejecting the product... give Nail Fresh a go... It will most likely nip it in the bud.
If your ratio of lifting clients is higher... than I would look toward your prep procedures or application techniques to solve the problem.

Hope This Helps

Are you letting the primer dry before applying product.
could the yellowing be the brush being contaminated and not the use of a primer

debbiepromotions said:
Are you letting the primer dry before applying product.
could the yellowing be the brush being contaminated and not the use of a primer

You're right in the fact that sculpting on wet primer can lead to yellowing.
Even though some manufacturers recommend application over wet primer (it does help initial application but at the cost of contaminated product)... I would recommend sculpting only over dry primer.

Getting primer on existing product, tips, or adhesive can also cause yellowing.

Hope this helps

Hm....I think the wet primer must be my problem.

I hope you`ve found your answer, I used to use a system where they advised on using a primer and whilst wet you placed L&P over the top, I always had yellowing so I waited for it to dry first and the yellowing disappeared.

Geek,
You mentioned application techniques...and I'm not sure what you mean. I'd love some advice, but I know I'm not giving you much to go on.

toesarewhereitsat said:
I'd love some advice, but I know I'm not giving you much to go on.

ya... thats left a little wide open ;)

In general I am refering to:
  • Incorrect mix ratio
  • Product on skin

hope this helps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back